Staff Accountant/Entry level
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information
about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad
spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO
provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims
information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification
tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and
technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and
brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other
participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To
learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are
proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and
offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing
place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named
Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its
World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive
year. We also earned the Great Place to Work-- Certification for
the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in
insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services.
Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of
records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain
expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into
customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and
decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years,
helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At
Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to
serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the
communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.
Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our
business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our
team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative
environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced
technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
- Analyzing and reconciling certain Verisk and subsidiary general
- Perform corporate accounting related functions for Verisk
- Perform accounting related functions for subsidiaries of
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Creating and inputting journal entries into the PeopleSoft
general ledger system
- Clearing reconciling items related to Cash and Accounts
- Perform fluctuation analysis on certain general ledger
- Primary Administrator of Verisk's Wells Fargo credit card
- Perform ad hoc tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel-extensive
knowledge of Pivot Table / Chart, Macros, etc.)
- Excellent communication / documentation skills (oral and
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Detail oriented, meticulous and extremely diligent
- Excellent client service, team work and diplomacy skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials and/or large accounting
system a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal
opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes
sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email
address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk
property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting
from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Keywords: Verisk, Jersey City , Staff Accountant/Entry level, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!