Corporate VP Financial Controls Unit Business Process Lead Apply to This Job
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: March 30, 2021
Company: P&C / Life / Health Insurance, Jersey City, NJ
Remarks: Responsibilities include:
- Support the on-going development and maintenance of the NYL
MAR/SOX Program governance, policies, standards and
- Aid the FCU Business Process Manager to monitor and assess
impact of regulatory changes impacting MAR/SOX.
- Support the FCU Business Process Manager to execute the
day-to-day activities of the MAR/SOX program, which includes
onshore and offshore resources.
- Assist with the maintenance and creation of the co-source
partner resources plan.--
- Responsible for the execution of the testing program for all
business controls that impact financial reporting.
- Support the FCU Business Process Manager with materiality and
scoping of all business controls that impact financial
- Work with business process and control owners to develop
remediation strategies to address deficiencies in internal control
over financial reporting.
- Collaborate with business units to assess consistency of the
application of MAR/SOX Program requirements.
- Manage, develop and contribute to the tools that support the
MAR/SOX Program (SharePoint, Wdesk, GRC, etc.).
- Manage the development and compilation of executive level
presentations on the state of internal control over financial
reporting for the MAR/SOX Program.
- Manage the development, maintenance and delivery of MAR/SOX
Program training curriculum.
- Coordinate with internal/external risk and control functions
(e.g., Risk Management, IT Risk and Security, Corporate Audit,
external auditor) to improve integration of governance, risk and
- Act as liaison with Corporate Audit, external auditor and state
regulators for internal control over financial reporting
- Proactively collaborate with the first, second and third lines
of defense to drive awareness, accountability and additional
oversight in the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of
internal control over financial reporting.
- Pro-actively participate in various risks and controls
committees and/or working groups of NYL as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis or concentration in Accounting,
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in roles with major
responsibilities for oversight of and/or testing internal control
over financial reporting is required
- Strong knowledge of Service Organization Control reports (e.g.,
SOC1s) is required
- Strong knowledge of Insurance and Asset Management businesses
- Big four experience is strongly preferred
- CPA or CIA is required
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage and supervise
staff/consultants in a highly productive environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to
effectively communicate with various levels of management, internal
customers and auditors
- Strong management/supervisory, interpersonal and analytical
- Team oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and
shift priorities as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio and Power
Point is required
More Jobs Like This Job No. 649396
VP Corporate FP&A
New York, NY
Job No. 649015
New York, NY
Job No. 648914
VP of FP&A
Santa Monica, CA
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Jersey City , Corporate VP Financial Controls Unit Business Process Lead Apply to This Job, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!