Senior IT Auditor II
Company: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Summary: The Senior IT Auditor II will perform more complex
Information Technology based audits in accordance with professional
standards to ensure that internal controls are appropriately
designed and operating effectively. This position will have
responsibility for reviewing all aspects of Information Technology
including infrastructure, application controls, cyber security, and
IT processes. The Senior IT Internal Auditor will provide
management with an independent assessment and assurance related to
the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of controls.
- Independently performing process walkthroughs to identify the
key activities, risks and controls.
- Applying risk and control concepts to assess control design and
developing a test approach of the key controls.
- Testing the effectiveness of the key controls identified.
- Enhancing more complex system and related technical
- Discussing and reporting control design deficiencies and
controls not operating as designed.
- Validating with management the resolution and implementation of
corrective action plans.
- Provides suggestions to management on ways to mitigate risk or
enhancing the effectiveness of processes
- Performing more complex special projects as deemed necessary by
- Maintaining organizational and professional ethical standards
and ensuring internal audit activities are carried out in
compliance with the Standards.
- Working on multiple audits and projects simultaneously.
- Completes audits key requirements and workpapers independently
with limited supervision.
- Work papers are well documented and easy to follow.
- Willingness to enhance internal audit concepts and
- Asks questions to better understand assigned tasks.
- Communicates status regularly.
- Meets deadlines or informs supervisor of roadblocks.
- Listens to peers, managers and clients.
- Willing to put in the extra effort so that the Department can
meet key milestones and deadlines.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Being a positive influence for the team and guide junior
- As needed, be able to travel-domestically up to 20%
- Bachelor Degree, preferable in Management Information Systems,
Accounting, and/or Internal Audit
- Computer skills on MS Office (e.g. excel, power point), SQL,
and Windows environments
- Clear and concise written communication
- Minimal grammatical / spelling errors in written
- Professional demeanor with clients and teammates
- Demonstrates integrity and respect
- More advanced system and technical knowledge Preferred:
- CISA or equivalent audit qualification is a plus
- 4 or more years of Audit experience, particularly in financial
industry This job description is designed to provide a general
overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a
comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or
responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust
has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation
package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our
benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including
eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending,
Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off. AmTrust strives
to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas
of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept
encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to
race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or
disabilities.AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by
embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its
workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an
employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us
to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see
diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an
integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we
see our future.
Keywords: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., Jersey City , Senior IT Auditor II, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!