Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk
(Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in
insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can
make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other
emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records.
We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending,
and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on
complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a
commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact
sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to
balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our
"returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the
workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual
Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value.
But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We
have received the Great Place to Work-- Certification for the fifth
consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best
Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture
of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse
workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity
supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and
lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk is looking for a highly motivated, analytical, and dynamic
individual to join our Payroll team. In this role, you'll be
responsible for all payroll-related updates for home office
employees/and larger outside subsidiaries.
The Day To Day Responsibilities Of This Role Are
- Reconciliation of semimonthly/biweekly controls to ensure
proper expense & liability recognition to the General Ledger.
- Update and maintain Direct Deposit Enrollments, 401k
Enrollments & Loan deductions, Employee Stock Purchase Plan,
Medical, Dental, Vision, and FSA Plans, and all other
- Review and coordinate New Hire Data submitted by HR via
PeopleFluent for proper employee date, work location, & tax
- Assist in maintaining accurate tax withholding recognition for
Federal, State and Local tax jurisdictions.
- Process special payroll payments.
- Electronic file creation and submissions to third-party vendors
as they relate to biweekly ACH files, bank reconciliations, FSA's,
401k/Loan Plan, and HSA Plans.
- Assist in meeting expectations of the Payroll Dept. as dictated
by new acquisitions.
- Validation and reconciliation of Payroll changes.
- Process and monitor garnishments, initiate and expedite
- Create manual checks as required by specific state regulations
for terminating employees.
- Run all internal processes within Peoplesoft which require the
creation of calendars, paysheets, continued calculation processes
to ensure proper updates to employees pay, benefits, etc., create
error reports, low pay alerts, and FICA refunds.
- Coordinate with management as to the review and balancing of
W-2 Data and the printing and mailing of W-2s.
- Special ad-hoc projects
- Cross-training payroll staff members to guarantee continued
superior customer service is provided at all times to our internal
and external customers.
- Two or more years of Payroll experience in an organization of
comparable size is required.
- Experience processing International payroll a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Peoplesoft/Oracle experience is strongly desired.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal
opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes
sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email
address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk
property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting
from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
Keywords: Verisk, Jersey City , Payroll Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!