Property Tax Senior - Multistate
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative Senior Tax professional who
enjoys working on complex state and local tax issues within the
Property Tax industry? Are you ready to make a greater impact on
organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative
technologies to align the tax function with the business
We are looking for sharp, Senior Tax Consultants to join our
Property Tax team, take on new challenges, and grow with one of the
largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one of the
largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States
with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax
professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators,
industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use
tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax
review, and state tax controversy.
Deloitte's Property Tax services group helps clients plan for and
manage personal property tax compliance efforts in a more
streamlined, seamless, and tax-efficient way. We bring together
deep tax and industry knowledge, a national network of property tax
specialists, and proprietary technology capabilities to help our
clients explore new approaches, resourcing models, and possible
Work you'll do:
As a Property Tax Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax
Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements
and provide state and local property tax planning, consulting, and
compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry
sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in
property taxation by working on large, complex tax engagements,
have access to exceptional resources, and continue to develop your
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching state and local property tax legislation and
assisting with drafting client responses and memos.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and
- Making recommendations on engagement workflow management and
mentoring tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
- Reviewing and/or preparing client billings and account
- Assisting with drafting proposals for new and existing
- Liaising between the Firm's in-house tax return preparation
team and the clients' tax department.
- Performing a detailed technical review of property tax returns
on select engagements.
- Assisting with providing guidance to clients on a range of
property tax issues including complex, commercial, real, and
personal property tax.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related
- CPA certification, if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not
qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, CRE, MAI, CAE, PPS, ASA, CCMI,
CREA, or a Senior Property Tax Consultant licensed by the Texas
Board of Licensing and Regulation (or be willing and able to obtain
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or
willing able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- 2+ years experience working in property tax and/or with
property tax assessors.
- 2+ years experience preparing state and local property tax
- Experience with one or more of the following: property tax
compliance, planning, analysis, and/or property tax research.
- Ability to travel 20%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Previous consulting experience from a large property tax
- Thorough understanding of OneSource Property Tax.
Keywords: Deloitte, Jersey City , Property Tax Senior - Multistate, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!