Model Risk Management, Senior Consultant - Analytics
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 20, 2022
We're looking for a sharp analytical thinker who's adept at data
science, AI/ML modeling, and Model Risk Management to join our
Advisory practice. You will assist our team in providing modeling
expertise related to a wide range of models and purposes for
Deloitte's clients in North America and worldwide. You will help
develop, challenge, and control models used by organizations for a
range of purposes including risk management and operations /
Work you'll do:
You will provide a range of qualitative and quantitative consulting
services in the areas of data science, AI, model development, model
validation, model risk management, modeling technology, model
governance / controls / documentation, and financial instrument
Working across industry sectors, we bring deep experience in data
science, AI, modeling, and Model Risk Management. We have a
highly-specialized expertise connected with a deep understanding of
our clients businesses and markets, and regulatory environments,
which enables us to provide insights related to the full spectrum
of business transactions. This helps us identify opportunities for
growth and maximize long-term advantage for our clients. Learn
about Deloitte's Regulatory & Operations Risk Practice.
- Strong background in mathematical finance at the level of a
Master's level degree in Mathematical Finance, Mathematics of
Finance, Financial Engineering or Quantitative Finance or related
field. Very strong undergraduates with necessary background and/or
relevant work experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with data science, AI, modeling techniques,
financial markets, derivative valuation, trading, deal structuring
or risk management
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience (data science, AI,
and/or model development, validation, governance, financial
instrument pricing, risk management, data analysis)
- Understanding of financial instrument valuation concepts
- Strong analytical and computer skills including experience with
quantitative analysis technical tools and techniques.
- Ability to explain difficult financial modeling/valuation
concepts to diverse audiences and to experts at various
- Candidate needs to be comfortable providing technical
assistance and financial modeling expertise to non-technical
clients and internal teams.
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business
efficiency to clients.
- Apply problem solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing
proactive solutions and recommendations.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Build and broaden industry knowledge to support organization
and function initiatives by taking advantage of local and national
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with clients
and staff in consultative settings.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Related consulting experience.
- Background in derivatives finance, including detailed knowledge
of derivatives theory and securities pricing and financial
instrument types and structures.
- Master's degree in Mathematical Finance, Mathematics of
Finance, Financial Engineering or Quantitative Finance or a related
- Experience with derivatives and complex financial instruments
- Experience with Bloomberg, MATLAB, Monte-Carlo Simulation tools
such as Crystal Ball and @Risk, FinCAD, NumeriX, Savysoft TOPS,
Principia and Summit.
- PhD, CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certifications a
Keywords: Deloitte, Jersey City , Model Risk Management, Senior Consultant - Analytics, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!