Custody Cash Funding Analyst
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of
utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from
home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further
notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be
performed at our Jersey City, New Jersey office.
Overall Summary of the Job
- Daily funding specialist, handling the start of day and end of
day for all affiliate activity in DTC/FED.
- Balancing of the firm's trail balance.
- Coordinate the daily funding for Corporate Actionsand tax
- Daily FED wire processing.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Support US Securities Custody activities within a settlements
- Follow supervisory framework designed to minimize
- Ensure departmental DIMS are current and fit for
- Ensure transactions are correctly recorded in appropriate
systems facilitating successful settlement
- Investigation and resolution of failing transactions
- Investigate & resolve cash and stock reconciliation
- Maintain excellent client service skills (Internal & External
- Address settlement discrepancies and engage Custody Settlement
Supervisor for prompt resolution.
- Adhere to all rules, regulations and procedures that governs
this role and organization
- Be aware of Operational Risk and escalate to Manager at all
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Contribute to staff reviews, training, career development, and
- Independent decision making abilities while engaging Senior
Management at all times
- Effectively manage multiple staffs /responsibilities and
escalate where appropriate
- Ability to apply Industry practices / mandates into BAU
- Identify high risk functions ensuring strong controls are in
place to mitigate risks
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario
associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of
operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls
in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and
optimize relations with regulators by addressing any
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports
diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards,
including timely implementation of internal and external audit
points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any
failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate
compliance with all relevant internal and external rules,
regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the
business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal
Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group
Keywords: HSBC, Jersey City , Custody Cash Funding Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!