Senior UI Developer (React/Node), VP (hybrid)
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Citi is a leading global financial services company having 200
million customer accounts. Citi does business in more than 100
countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and
institutions with a broad range of financial products and services,
including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment
banking, securities brokerage and wealth management.
This role will be part of the Financial Risk Technology Team in
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG). Our goal is to build a
strong culture of engineering and delivery where we put the
business first while achieving all their complex goals of
consistency, performance, efficiency, and transparency that a bank
of the magnitude of Citi needs.
This team is responsible for delivering market and credit risk
technology and software solutions for Citi's Front Office and Back
Office Risk Management, which is an independent global function
that is responsible for managing market, credit, operational,
country, and underwriting risks that are embedded in the activities
of its worldwide customer base.
Software solutions from this group include high-throughput feed
processing engines to process factor sensitivities and market data,
high-performance pricing calculation engines that run on compute
grids as well as large in-memory servers to calculate Value at Risk
(VaR), Stress Testing and limit utilization calculations, and
high-availability big data lakes for sharing risk metrics and
stress results with Front Office, Risk, and Finance
Roles in this team will provide candidates with a unique
engineering opportunity to work on best-in-class software solutions
for Front Office and Back Office Risk Management with latest
commercial-off-the-shelf and cloud-enabled technology stack.
- Provide strong hands-on in implementing React frameworks
defined by the lead/architect in the teams.
- Ensure solutions implemented adhere to the appropriate
architectural and design in the systems. Utilize in-depth knowledge
of technical and business domain concepts and procedures within own
area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues.
- Enforce industry standard SDLC best practices for effectively
managing the codebase.
- Partner with other software engineers, dev-ops and production
support staff to deliver robust software solutions. Skills
Extensive practical experience working with most if not all the
technologies listed below
- Strong experience in React development. If only Angular
experience, then candidate should be extremely solid in core
languages including Node-JS.
- Good understanding on reactive functional programming paradigm
and its concepts.
- Good to have an exposure on SASS or Less or Stylus
- Familiarity with Linux environment including scripting
- SDLC/Dev Ops - Git/BitBucket, CI/CD pipeline frameworks such as
Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Any secure coding toolkits Knowledge &
- Proven engineering experience building robust, scalable and
maintainable applications. Ideally 8+ years of application
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in React development in Linux
environment with expertise in UI design, performance tuning,
troubleshooting and deployment
- Experience re-engineering legacy UI to modern-day designs.
- Graduate in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and
Mathematics) discipline. Competencies
- Excellent oral and written English
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a large global team and
influence key architectural decision
- Ability to work well under pressure -
Job Family Group:
Jersey City New Jersey United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$137,610.00 - $206,420.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Keywords: Citi, Jersey City , Senior UI Developer (React/Node), VP (hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!