Senior Specialist Developer - REST/HTML5/Spring Boot/Angular JS
Company: BNY Mellon
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 9, 2018
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop RESTful services and solutions for platform security functions.
- Automating operational and reporting tasks. Integrate with commercial and open source third party solutions.
- Modernize existing applications to use REST services and Angular JS screens.
- Design and develop applications to mitigate internal and external audit and ethical hack risks.
- Troubleshoot, instrument and monitor applications effectively.
- Develop code, guide junior team members and conduct code reviews. Sr. Specialist Developer-> > Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience required.
- Experience with systems integration and leveraging third party solution APIs.
- Experience with REST, HTML5, Spring Boot, Angular JS, RDBMS, NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with trouble shooting, instrumenting and monitoring enterprise applications.
- Experience with performance tuning and debugging n-tier applications.
- Experience with batch jobs, monitoring and scheduling in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in the areas of identity and authentication is a plus.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers. Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode: 45172 Job: Information Technology Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: Senior Specialist Developer - REST/HTML5/Spring Boot/Angular JS
Keywords: BNY Mellon, Jersey City , Senior Specialist Developer - REST/HTML5/Spring Boot/Angular JS, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!