Senior Associate, Financial Controls Unit MAR/SOX Program
Company: New York Life Insurance Company
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 10, 2018
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of . Ensure organizational standards, governance and practices for the company's internal control over financial reporting complies with the NAIC Model Audit Rule (MAR) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Responsibilities include:
- Support the on-going development and maintenance of the NYL MAR/SOX Program governance, policies, standards and procedures.
- Support the Fincnail Controls Unit Business Process Manager to execute the day-to-day activities of the MAR/SOX program.
- Responsible for the execution of the testing program for all business controls that impact financial reporting.
- Support the FCU Business Process Manager with materiality and scoping of all business controls that impact financial reporting.
- Work with business process and control owners to develop remediation strategies to address deficiencies in internal control over financial reporting.
- Collaborate with business units to assess consistency of the application of MAR/SOX Program requirements.
- Assist with developing and contributing to the tools that support the MAR/SOX Program (SharePoint, Wdesk, BWise GRC, etc.).
- Assist with the development and compilation of executive level presentations on the state of internal control over financial reporting for the MAR/SOX Program.
- Support the development, maintenance and delivery of MAR/SOX Program training curriculum.
- Support coordination with internal/external risk and control functions (e.g., Risk Management, IT Risk and Security, Corporate Audit, external auditor) to improve integration of governance, risk and compliance functions.
- Act as liaison with Corporate Audit, external auditor and state regulators for internal control over financial reporting issues.
- Proactively collaborate with the first, second and third lines of defense to drive awareness, accountability and additional oversight in the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
- Proactively participate in various risks and controls committees and/or working groups of NYL as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis or concentration in Accounting, Finance
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in roles with major responsibilities for oversight of and/or testing internal control over financial reporting is required
- Basic knowledge of Service Organization Control reports (e.g., SOC1s) is required
- Strong knowledge of Insurance and Actuarial businesses is preferred
- Big four experience is required
- CPA or CIA is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage and supervise staff/consultants in a highly productive environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with various levels of management, internal customers and auditors
- Team oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift priorities as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio, Power Point and SharePoint is required SF:LI-MD1 SF:EF-MD1 EOE M/F/D/V If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: . Senior Associate, Financial Controls Unit MAR/SOX Program
Keywords: New York Life Insurance Company, Jersey City , Senior Associate, Financial Controls Unit MAR/SOX Program, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!