International Tax Manager
Company: First Data
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 13, 2019
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world?s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce. First Data?s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients? success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data?s brand equity. Position Description Overview We are seeking an International Tax Manager to join our Global Tax team in Jersey City, NJ. The International Tax Manager will assist in the preparation of the income tax provision and compliance for non-U.S. entities. Job Responsibilities
- Manages Tax Accounting staff in performing department tax accounting activities.?
- Works to optimize the tax obligation of the business unit.?
- Ensures that all appropriate tax returns and payments are filed in a timely manner. May manage tax research and compliance activities also.?
- May perform duties inherent in a managerial role.
- Prepare Subpart F, GILTI, foreign tax credits, and expense allocations calculations
- Maintain all calculations, documentation, and support related to US international tax attributes of foreign subsidiaries including US tax basis, earnings and profits ('E&P') and related tax pools of all controlled foreign corporations
- Manage and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions of foreign subsidiaries.
- Review supporting documentation with regard to the computation of permanent and deferred tax amounts to prepare quarterly tax provisions for US companies
- Execute foreign tax credit calculations, including expense allocations for non-US affiliates for purposes of Form 1118
- Responsible for managing the accurate and timely preparation of all US international tax filings related to the Company?s international operations including Forms 5471, 8858, 8865 and related disclosures.?
- Maintain the Company?s worldwide organizational structure
- Analyze US and non-US tax impacts of international transactions to determine impact on the Company?s global taxesJob Requirements
- BA in Finance or Accounting, 7+ years experience in the tax accounting field, or equivalent.
- International Tax experience required
- CPA is preferred First Data is an Affirmative Action ? Equal Opportunity Employer?(Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.
Keywords: First Data, Jersey City , International Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!