US Tax Reporting Lead Specialist
Company: Brown Brothers Harriman
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
JOIN US AS A TAX LEAD SPECIALIST
As a Tax Lead Specialist you will be responsible for deliverables associated with year- end tax reporting, including 1099 and 1042S processing. This includes, but is not limited to facilitating the Year End Tax Reporting Tactical Plan through tax season, support of regulatory changes requiring system and workflow enhancements, executing daily and monthly workflows, and processing tax adjustments.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, highly organized and collaborative.
* Responsible for phases of year-end reporting including 1099 and 1042s processing
* Review and adjust all monthly tax reports.
* Responsible for reconciliation of NRA & FATCA taxes including distribution to clients and filing to the IRS
* Perform research into income payments and corporate actions to ensure proper taxation
* Understand regulatory requirements related to 1042 reporting, withholding, remittance and have knowledge of Cost Basis, FATCA IRS reporting requirements.
* Assisting management in ensuring proper product delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items
* Challenging all processes, procedures and practices
* Helping to enhance the productivity of the unit
* Assist in the development and production of monthly management reporting
* Identifying and resolving workflow issues
* Juggling several projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
* Assisting management in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls
* Ensuring adherence to all established policies, procedures and controls
* Providing feedback on resource requirements and allocation
* Understanding competencies required for successful job performance and using knowledge to coach and develop team members
* Building relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
* Communicating professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
* BS/BA degree
* 1 3 years of industry experience, background in Tax, preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong organization skills
* Ability to communicate professionally with others
* An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution
* Self Starter, proactive, and objective oriented
* Results oriented
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Brown Brothers Harriman, Jersey City , US Tax Reporting Lead Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!