Manufacturing Supervisor, CAR T Media Preparation-Quad 4
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: March 31, 2021
Manufacturing Supervisor, CAR T Media Preparation-Quad 4 At
Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science.--In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference. Position Title:
Manufacturing Supervisor, CAR T Media Preparation-Quad 4,
Manufacturing Operations Location: PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Supervises employees and contractor personnel who manufacture cell
culture media, buffers and selection components in support of S12
liso cel CAR T manufacturing per Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) in a controlled, cleanroom environment. Manufacturing
Supervisors address employee concerns, ensure staff are complaint
with training requirements, reviews & approves timecards, and
addresses production issues with cross functional teams.
Communication of production deviations and assistance with quality
investigations are required, as applicable. This position
supervises Quad 4 (alternating Wednesdays, Tuesday - Saturday 5:00
pm - 5:30 am). Start and end times are subject to change based on
business demands. This position is a member of the Manufacturing
Operations organization. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills,
- Understanding of media and buffer preparation requirements for
cell culture, and aseptic processing or lab techniques
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- Basic mathematical skills
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Background to include an understanding of biology, chemistry,
medical or clinical practices
- Previous experience managing, coaching, and providing
instructions to staff
- Lead Manufacturing Associate or equivalent experience Education
and Experience: Bachelor's degree plus 4-6 years of experience OR
Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 7 years of Manufacturing or
Operations experience OR High School diploma/GED and 8 years of
Manufacturing or Operations experience. DUTIES AND
- Ensures staff are properly trained on controlled, approved GMP
- Documents employee growth and performance.
- Reviews and approves employee timecards.
- Conducts annual employee performance review with direct
- Documents and addresses employee corrective actions and
performance improvement plans.
- Trained in all areas of manufacturing staff upon completion of
all proficient tasks.
- Pre- and Post-Production shift communication to manufacturing
- Manages on the floor production issues cross functionally.
- Escalates concerns/ issues to Manufacturing Management.
- Hires and interviews new employees.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions;
however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and
controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be
required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face,
core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources
are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with
assigned pressure and temperature conditions.
- Use of reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents
- Ability to work in the vicinity of strong magnets.
- Potential routine exposure to human blood components.
- Designated areas may prohibit food, any outside materials such
as cell phones, tablets, at a minimum. This job description is
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary
duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those
functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This
job description does not state or imply that the above are the only
duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are
other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or
secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding
this position will be required to perform any other job-related
duties as requested by management. This is the end of the Official
Use document Around the world, we are passionate about making an
impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to
apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an
inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation,
urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the
highest potential of each of our colleagues. Bristol Myers Squibb
recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work
environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits,
services and programs that provide our employees with the resources
to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. W
e're creatinginnovative medicines for patients fighting serious
diseases. We're also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring
work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one
of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Keywords: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jersey City , Manufacturing Supervisor, CAR T Media Preparation-Quad 4, Advertising , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!