Company: The National Society of Leadership and Success
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Imagine a community of students taking action toward their
dreams and living happier lives. In this world, people are so
fulfilled they reach out and positively contribute to the lives of
others. That's who we impact, and that's what we are building. Want
to be a part of it?
To determine whether you'd be a good fit, ask yourself---
- Would you like to go to work each day knowing that you are
using your talents to help others and better the world?
- Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting tens of
thousands of students each year?
- Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly
growing and embraces change?
- Would you like to work with people whom you respect and can
learn from every day?
- Do you desire to work for an organization that cares about your
growth, where your own drive and interests help you create your own
Our guiding question is: "Are we helping the greatest number of
people in the greatest possible way?" Are you inspired? Let's
change the world together.
Overview:The Marketing Copywriter will join a team of 80
purpose-driven staff members in a friendly, focused, fast-paced
entrepreneurial office environment. The National Society of
Leadership and Success (NSLS) is the largest collegiate leadership
honor society in the United States with over 700 chapters and more
than a million members. Members have collectively completed over
282,000 hours of community service.
The NSLS is seeking a Marketing Copywriter responsible for writing
compelling copy that sells and creating engaging content. The
Marketing Copywriter is accountable for the overall quality of the
content produced across the entire NSLS organization. More
importantly, the Marketing Copywriter is one of the lead
storytellers for every audience NSLS touches. Through the
development of compelling content in multiple platforms, this role
plays an integral role in the future growth of the
The Marketing Copywriter position demands an in-depth knowledge of
the NSLS business objectives, and is able to deliver copy that
addresses our two distinct audiences and integrates within various
campaigns to achieve success. This team member will champion all
content development within the marketing department in conveying
and delivering a consistent voice of the NSLS. The successful
candidate will possess an understanding of the functional dynamics
of the content role including how to produce content that matches
our writing style, addresses the needs of our various audiences,
and delivers value through different marketing channels.
The Marketing Copywriter reports to the Marketing Strategy
- Write compelling copy that sells for both B2B (colleges) and
B2C (students and parents).
- Write engaging content for different platforms (blogs, social
media posts, emails, and more).
- Collaborate with the marketing and design teams to create
digital and print media advertising, content, and other
- Drive the strategic positioning and voice of the NSLS's
nationally recognized level of leadership education.
- Research target audience and marketplace to ensure copy is
accurate and effective.
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver highly effective
- Edit the work of others effectively in order to achieve the
best performing copy.
- Collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure projects
are consistent with direct marketing best practices, brand
guidelines, compliance, and overall project goals.
- Take responsibility for the success of the projects they work
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing in highly
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or related
- Possess a deep passion and understanding of modern
- Expert written and verbal skills.
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Must be results focused, detail-oriented, and be able to juggle
multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines.
Benefits You Receive While Working at The NSLS Include:
- Healthcare Benefits (medical, vision, and dental)
- 401K with employer contribution
- Working daily with a team of positive people
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand into new
- Fully remote to start
- Flexibility to work 1 day/week from home, after 12 months of
reaching goals (role is fully remote at this time due to
- Feeling good knowing you are using your talents to better the
- 1.5hr lunch to work out at a local gym with cost of membership
- Bonus based on achievement of company-wide metrics
- A company that believes and invests in your personal and
- Paid time off (PTO) days, holidays, PLUS week between Christmas
and New Year's Day The National Society of Leadership and Success
is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity,
equality, and inclusion.
To be considered, please submit your portfolio when applying.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolios
can also be emailed to .
The National Society of Leadership and Success is an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equality, and
Visit to learn more about our organization.
Keywords: The National Society of Leadership and Success, Jersey City , Marketing Copywriter, Advertising , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!