Trade Marketing Manager - Whiskey
Company: Proximo Spirits
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Position SummaryAlways on the lookout for what's next, PROXIMO
builds brands and invents new products to meet the world's changing
tastes and trends in memorable new ways. Proximo is a leading
producer, distributor, importer and marketer of prized spirits in
the United States, representing many premium brands. An integral
part of the successful management of these brands is development of
fact-based selling materials for Proximo's Whiskey portfolio, as
well as, precise reporting on program execution. The Trade
Marketing Manager - Whiskey is responsible for analyzing commercial
and shopper insights, while developing marketing collateral for
Proximo's Whiskey portfolio that supports trade marketing goals and
drives brand strategy. The role works in close alignment with the
Group Director Trade Marketing, brand teams, sales team and
functional support team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning and Development: Liaison between brand teams, sales
team, functional support team and external partners in the
development of fact-based selling materials for Proximo's whiskey
- Leverage consumer insights to develop marketing collateral that
supports whiskey brand strategies.
- Engagement: Develop marketing content, in partnership with
Sales, that aligns with market demands and ensures increased brand
lift to reach annual sales goals for designated brand lines.
- Commercialization: Generate ideas and recommendations for
innovative collateral, partnerships, and go-to-market approaches to
support the brand strategies and help to meet and/or exceed
- Ensure the highest return on investment for promotions and
trade marketing spend by ensuring alignment between target markets,
Sales and distribution partners.
- Documentation: Own and manage the buy book and sell sheets to
forecast the trade marketing needs by each whiskey brand.
- Communication/Reporting: Leverage the three-tier distribution
model and spirits industry to create win-win marketing solutions
for Marketing, Sales and distribution partners.
- Share best practices across all brands to encourage efficiency
and effective execution.
- Collaboration: Identify and direct external partners (media
agencies, celebrity PR firms, brand partnerships, local
sponsorships) to develop and execute trade marketing content that
increases consumer reach and brand awareness.
- Analytical: Proficiency with Nielsen and other syndicated
- Project Management: Use time efficiently - prioritize and plan
work activities. Plan for additional resources, set goals and
objectives and develop realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of marketing and trade marketing
activities, tools and techniques. Solid knowledge of relevant
markets and competition.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely
manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop
alternative solutions and work well in group problem solving
- Communication: Partner with branding teams to understand the
brand strategy that will inform the design of trade marketing
content. Serve as a liaison between brand teams, agencies, and
Sales, to ensure alignment with brand positioning and program
- Internal: Marketing
- External: Nielsen
Knowledge and Experience
- BS/BA degree in marketing or related field required (MBA a
- 5+ years' prior experience with an FMCG company, experience in
Alcoholic Beverages Industry a plus.
- Ability to craft a compelling and succinct selling story for
- Proficiency with Nielsen and other syndicated data.
- Proven success developing and executing promotional programs
for premium spirit brands.
- Knowledge of marketing and trade marketing activities, tools
and techniques needed to be successful.
- Experience effectively managing and leveraging external
relationships with agencies, suppliers/distributors, and partners.
Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and
- Excellent organizational, project management and time
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a
changing, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
Keywords: Proximo Spirits, Jersey City , Trade Marketing Manager - Whiskey, Advertising , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!