Infrastructure Engineer (AWS, Windows)
Company: Verisk Analytics, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk
(Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in
insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can
make faster and more informed decisions. Our global team uses AI,
machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to
collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced
decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In
addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters
such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues. But
why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a
commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger. It's the
reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability
initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent
of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program
for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time
away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we
identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our
customers' problems. At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk
and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.-- At
Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your
career.---We have received the Great Place to Work-- Certification
for the fourth consecutive year. We've been recognized
by--Forbes--as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for
Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we
place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on
Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values
and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where
we live and work. Job Description Verisk is seeking
an--Infrastructure Engineer (AWS, Windows)--to join our group. In
this role, you'll work with the team on many interesting and
challenging projects as we develop and build the next generation
technology solutions for our company. Our primary asset is our
great team of talented engineers--and technically minded managers.
We have cool technology and interesting projects ahead. You will be
joining our company at a pivotal time as we leverage
next-generation software and hardware platforms to automate
delivery of our services within our private and public cloud
presence. The day to day responsibilities of this role are:
- Design and manage multiple Active Directory Domains for a
large, geographically dispersed enterprise.
- Deploy automation technologies and processes to support
on-premise and cloud-based infrastructures.
- Automate existing repetitive, manual processes and procedures
driving support efficiencies.
- Continuously improve scalability, reliability and efficiency of
- Work independently implementing technical solutions to include:
identifying the problem, research/investigating potential
solutions, testing potential solutions, providing a recommended
solution, implementing solution (including documentation).
- Participate in vulnerability management projects identifying
at-risk applications, servers and identify strategies for
- Utilize AWS and Azure tools in a hybrid infrastructure.
- Interface with vendors and internal global teams to ensure the
environment conforms to the current standards.
- Act as a liaison between Architecture and Operations to foster
a common tool set and strive to move towards infrastructure as a
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the production
- Liaise with developers to gather requirements, design and
deploy standard systems.
- Liaise with multiple engineering teams for required system
- Provide 24*7 On-call support based on rotation within the
- Work across functional teams to resolve problems and work on
projects. Core Tech Stack
- MS Windows server platform & technologies: AD/ADFS, GPO, Multi
Domain Support, IIS, Terminal Server, Certificate management,
Failover Clustering, SMB, Security and Compliance
- Configuration Management: SCCM, Software Package, OSD
- Scripting: Powershell, Command-Line, Batch
- DNS: Infoblox and Microsoft DNS
- Monitoring: SCOM, Splunk and ServiceNow
- Reporting: Tableau, Power BI, Advance Excel functions,
- PKI: AppviewX, Microsoft CA, AWS Certificate Management
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DHCP, DNS, LDAP
- 5+ years of progressively responsible Windows/Systems engineer
and automation experience.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology or equivalent.
- Candidate must have significant technical background--and
experience with Windows Server OS: Design, Configuration, Active
Directory, Group Policy Management, Domain trusts and Automation of
Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Knowledge of implementing services in AWS (Terraform).
- Advanced knowledge in automating Windows platforms leveraging
Ansible, Powershell and Chef.
- Strong knowledge supporting and implementing SCCM, Server
Security Compliance, Patch Management and infoblox.
- Strong knowledge of networking (TCP/IP), security and
- Experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from
on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target
infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems
with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and
- Familiar with security tools such as Nessus, ForeScout.
- Strong knowledge of PKI Infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft clustering technologies.
- Strong knowledge of core technologies & protocols such as DNS,
SMB, NTLM, SSL, FTP, Telnet etc.
- Must have a thorough (advanced to expert level) understanding
of IT security and implementation of established government
security related guidelines and impact on IT infrastructure.
- Must have a thorough (advanced to expert level) understanding
of core infrastructure disciplines common--to Windows such as DNS,
DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, clustering technologies, MS
System Center technologies, etc.-- #LI-JB1 Additional Information
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. All members of
the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity
employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability. Unsolicited
resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a
Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or
directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property.
Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume.--
Keywords: Verisk Analytics, Inc., Jersey City , Infrastructure Engineer (AWS, Windows), Engineering , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!