Senior Data Engineer
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Sr Data Engineer - Cloud Solutions (Snowflake, AWS, Azure,
Databricks) - Work 100% Remote
phData works exclusively in the realm of data and machine learning.
By partnering with the biggest cloud data platforms (Snowflake,
Azure, AWS), were able to help the worlds largest companies solve
their toughest challenges.
Our work is challenging and our standards are high, but we invest
heavily in our employees, starting with a 4 week bootcamp to ensure
youll be successful. Plus, youll get to work with the brightest
minds in the industry and the latest data platforms on the market.
And, because the data and ML industry is changing rapidly, you will
always have the opportunity to learn - whether thats a new
technology, diving deeper into your preferred stack, or picking up
an entirely new skill set.
Even though we're growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual,
exciting work environment. We hire top performers and allow them
the flexibility to deliver results their way. Our focus is always
on what you can do, not what you cant.
- Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing US Companies (2019, 2020,2021)
- Snowflake Emerging Partner of the Year 2020
- Databricks Rising Star Partner of the Year 2020
- Cloudera Partner of the Year 2020
We're looking for Sr. Data Engineers to serve as key technical
leaders helping customers gain tangible value from their data. This
may be the perfect opportunity if you have....
- At least 4+ years experience as a Software Engineer, Data
Engineer or Data Analyst
- Programming expertise in Java, Python, Scala, or another modern
programming language like Kotlin, C#, NodeJS, Rust
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write,
debug, and optimize SQL queries
As well as some or all of the following:
- Production experience in core data platforms: Snowflake,
Databricks, AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop
- Cloud and distributed data storage (HDFS, S3, ADLS, GCS, Kudu,
Elasticsearch/Solr, Cassandra or other NoSQL storage systems)
- Data integration technologies: Spark, Kafka,
eventing/streaming, StreamSets, NiFi, AWS Data Migration Services,
Azure Data Factory, Google DataProc
- Multiple data sources (e.g. queues, relational databases,
- Complete software development lifecycle experience including
design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Automated data transformation and data curation: spark, spark
streaming, automated pipelines
You might also have...
- Relevant side projects (e.g., contributions to an open source
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related
And you enjoy....
- Designing and implementing data solutions best-suited to
deliver on our customer needs and use cases from streaming, to data
lakes, to analytics, and beyond across a progressively evolving
- Providing thought leadership by recommending the right
technologies and solutions for a given use case, from the
application layer to infrastructure; and they have the team
leadership and coding skills (e.g. Python, Java, and Scala) to get
their solutions into production and to help ensure performance,
security, scalability, and robust data integration.
And youre exceptional at...
- Thinking independently and seeing the big picture
- Translating customer needs into solutions
- Confidently standing behind your recommendations
- Exploring new technologies in an effort to always grow and
uncover better ways to solve problems (for instance: automating all
- Explaining your technical decisions, both internally and
- Smiling in the face of complex problems
- Collaborating and helping your fellow data engineers learn and
- Working seamlessly across a variety of technical stacks,
including Cloudera, Databricks, Snowflake & AWS
And if youre joining as a Solution Architect, you have...
- 8+ years of total experience
- Client-facing written and verbal communication skills and
- Proven experience as a technical team lead, and/or mentorship
of other engineers
- Ability to develop end-to-end technical solutions
- Create and deliver detailed presentations
- Detailed solution documentation (e.g. sequence diagrams, class
hierarchies, logical system views, etc.)
Why phData? We offer:
- Remote-First Work Environment - Work 100% Remote
- Casual, award-winning, entrepreneurial work environment (work
- Collaborative culture that prizes autonomy, creativity, and
- Competitive comp, excellent benefits, 4 weeks PTO plus 10
Holidays (and other cool perks)
- Continuous, advanced training and paid certifications
- Accelerate learning and professional growth working with the
most extraordinary Engineers in the industryby Jobble
Keywords: Phdata, Jersey City , Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!