Cloud Data Engineer/Architect
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Our client, a global shipping and logistics company located in
NJ is looking to hire a full time Sr. Data Engineer with
architecture experience and Cloud experience - preferably Azure.
This is an exciting and excellent opportunity to join a brand new
team at its inception - to be part of building the client's
Innovation Center (IoT) from scratch and working on the latest
technologies. The candidate chosen will help drive the technologies
The Data Engineer/Architect will have the opportunity to evaluate
business needs and objectives, current and future state and
transform into Azure data solutions that meet performance,
scalability, reliability, and security needs. As an Azure Data
Architect, you will be integral to the design, development, and
delivery of all data solutions on Azure.
THE DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect, design and deploy architecture to support buildout
of Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Transformation, Data Structures,
Metadata, Dependency and Workload Management.
- Work with Azure services (client is open to other Cloud
technologies) - Azure Data Factory, Data Flows, Azure Data Lake,
Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Streaming Analytics and more.
- Manage and lead a junior data architect and a data engineer to
provide guidance, support and mentor other members of the team as
well as do hands-on work
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to data, BI and ML
engineering teams. It is expected that you provide direct
experience within these core areas.
- Requirements analysis, design, and prototyping.
- Other responsibilities as expected from a Data Architect.
- Collaborate with business users on functional & data
requirements for data models/pipelines.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ROLE:
- 8+ years of relevant technology experience building scalable
- 5+ years of data engineering in cloud and on-prem environments
and code deployment.
- Experience with Azure data platforms, integration techniques
and data preparation is preferred. Other Cloud Platforms will be
- Experience with Azure solutions (preferred but will consider
other cloud technologies) and infrastructure for architecting and
deploying Azure data solutions with Azure Data Factory, Azure
Synapse, Azure DataBricks, Data Lake or other Azure data
- 5+ years of programming using SQL, Python or Scala.
- One or more languages: Python, Pyspark, T-SQL, Java.
- Experience with SQL Server, data warehousing and data
- Familiarity with DevOps tools - Azure DevOps, Jenkins,
Terraform, Maven etc.
- Version control and DevOps or DataOps
- Experience developing, deploying, and testing data pipelines in
Azure or other cloud provider.
- 5+ years of data engineering with Hadoop, Spark, Databricks or
other data integration tools.
- Have managed junior team members
- Expert or professional level Azure certifications is a
- Master's (preferred) / Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Keywords: Aegistech, Jersey City , Cloud Data Engineer/Architect, Engineering , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!