2018 Campus - Implementation Engineer
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 14, 2019
2018 Campus - Implementation Engineer About Fidessa Exceptional trading, investment and information solutions for the world's financial community. Fidessa's unrivalled set of mission-critical products serve both buy-side and sell-side global institutions and investment banks to boutique brokers and niche hedge funds with multi-asset trading and investment infrastructure, their market data and analysis, and their decision making and workflow technology. We are freethinking and do not believe in rigid structure or tight controls where these limit our ability to be innovative and adaptable. Our team at Fidessa is represented within 6 continents in 15 global locations. We recognize that a business is only as good as its people. To provide and build on our high-quality platform and services, we seek to employ only the best! Department Overview The Service Delivery Engineer will be part of Fidessa's Service Delivery department. The Service Delivery team is formed of an enthusiastic mix of people with strong technical, functional and customer service skills. Their primary function is to maintain and develop one of the world's largest FIX transaction networks; leveraging knowledge of business flows and technical requirements. This role is based out of Jersey City, New Jersey and Chicago, Illinois. Job Description Candidates will need to demonstrate that they are proactive, self-motivated, accurate with attention to detail, possess initiative and strong problem solving skills, and are able to work in a team, while also assuming responsibility for their work. The successful candidate will be customer-focused, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and able to operate with a high degree of individual autonomy to meet specific deliverable dates. Proficiency with Shell Scripting, SQL, UNIX or Linux OS is required for handling the day to day responsibilities for this role. Fidessa corporation's hallmark is that of an elite group of systems professionals with a reputation of quality and reliability in providing expert, innovative solutions. Responsibilities Candidates will need to demonstrate that they are proactive, self-motivated, accurate with attention to detail, possess initiative and good problem solving skills, interface with customers and are able to work in a team, while also assuming responsibility for their work. The successful candidate will be customer-focused and comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a high degree of individual autonomy. Fidessa corporations hallmark is that of an elite group of systems professionals with a reputation of quality and reliability in providing expert, innovative solutions. Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related area is required.
- Entry/Mid-Level Candidate 0-5 years of experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding and facility in using common programming control expressions (If, For, While, etc.).
- Some history or exposure to the XML programming language, especially in the area of GUI dialogs.
- Proficient with JAVA, UNIX or Linux OS.
- Shell Scripting.
- Desire to learn.
- Excellent team work.
- Familiarity with US and/or Canadian Equity, Option and Futures markets.
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols such as FIX, CMS, or STAMP.
- One or more scripting languages a plus (e.g. Tcl, Perl, VB, etc.)
- Familiarity with Fidessa products is a plus. Fidessa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Keywords: Fidessa, Jersey City , 2018 Campus - Implementation Engineer, Engineering , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!