Data Engineer/ Data Modelling- Associate
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 15, 2019
This role will be part of the CIB Cybersecurity Technology Controls
Measurement and Analytics group responsible for providing data and
analysis to Risk Committees, Business Units, Control Officers, and
Information Risk Managers related to Technology Controls. The Data
Engineer is responsible for delivering timely, accurate execution
of uplifts to the data platform and ingestion of data sets required
for measurement and analytics within the Cybersecurity and
Technology Controls domain. The person will work closely with teams
of Measurement and Analytic Engineers, Application Developers and
Business Analysts to create, unit test and maintain source code and
data feeds into the CIB Cybersecurity Technology Controls data
platform. The deliverables must be aligned to our Technology
Roadmap, Code Quality Standards, Security Standards and Firmwide
Development Standards. You will familiarize yourself with our web
code that is part of the framework. As an experienced Software
Engineer,your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and
technologists towardcreating next-level solutions that improve the
way our business is run. Yourdeep knowledge of design, analytics,
development, coding, testing andapplication programming will help
your team raise their game, meeting yourstandards, as well as
satisfying both business and functional requirements.Your expertise
in various technology domains will be counted on to setstrategic
direction and solve complex and mission critical problems,
internallyand externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge
technologies andmethodologies inspires your team to follow suit.
And best of all, you'll beable to harness massive amounts of
brainpower through our global network oftechnologists from around
the world. Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively as you will work closely
with other groups both within and outside of Cybersecurity
Technology Controls to coordinate design, development, and testing
efforts of your assigned application components to ensure the
successful delivery of the project.
- Utilize production management procedures to support the data
platform functionality and contribute to support
- Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues to
provide superior feedback for approved user documentation.
- Perform research and development tasks where required with
guidance and supervision.
- Engage with the Technology Control teams to identify and
remediate any highlighted control gaps.
- Analyze, normalize and logically model data from multiple
sources to support the creation industrialised analytics to support
the detection of risks, control breaks and any required control
- Be able to provide data anomaly detection techniques to
investigate and resolve discrepancies to maintain data and control
integrity within the platform.
- Identify and lead opportunities to deliver data driven process
and overall service delivery improvements within the data
- Proactively researches best practices and learns new
technologies and systems to advance knowledge of data ingestion and
- Understand the technical solutions to data milestoning that
provides both compressed and full historical data.
- Identify, document, and communicate data integrity/quality
issues and data capture gaps.
- Be a subject matter expertise in data ingestion, data platforms
and data modeling.
- Maintain library of documents, templates, or other reusable
- Sustain and maintain the data platform environment Key Skills /
- Minimum of 5 years of Experience with .NET Framework 4.0 with
C# and ASP.Net, MVC, JQuery, Development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and
- Minimum of 5 years of web development experience with C# and
- Minimum of 5 years of experience writing PL/SQL or SQL scripts;
must be independently able to write stored procedures, triggers,
functions, and tables.
- Visual Studio 2008
- SQL / SQL Server 2008 or later
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and
problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Experience in gathering data using various data sources and
- Experience in data aggregation, integration (API), assessment
- Experience in Custom Dynamic Web Data Portal Reporting
- Experience in custom scripted solutions and process
- Automation via scripting with emphasis on high volume
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office SharePoint.
- Experience in creating tools and processes to enhance and
improve process workflow.
- BA/BS required; quantitative focus preferred.
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and
attention to detail in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal
form, in a manner that is clear, logical and concise, including,
the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail
and form depending on the audience.
- Proficient organizational skills, ability to absorb and retain
information readily, prioritize tasks to meet changing demands and
work under deadline constraints.
- Self-motivated and highly responsive with proven ability to
take initiative and work successfully both independently and with a
team When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working
at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one
of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs
worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and
deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big
data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic
payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.
Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people
to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the
financial services industry, but also change the world. At JPMorgan
Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're
building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We
encourage professional growth and career development, and offer
competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build
your career as part of a global technology team tackling big
challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around
the world, we want to meet you Ready to use your expertise and
experience to drive change? Apply today Data Engineer/ Data
Keywords: JPMorgan., Jersey City , Data Engineer/ Data Modelling- Associate, Engineering , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!