Desktop / VDI Engineer
Company: Brown Brothers Harriman
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
DESKTOP / VDI ENGINEER
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small
for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value
passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to
find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking
for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and
steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone
who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting
challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek
someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and
motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can
learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for
JOIN US AS A DESKTOP / VDI ENGINEER!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Desktop/VDI
Engineer to join our Desktop Engineering team.
As a DESKTOP / VDI ENGINEER you'll contribute as part of a global
infrastructure team who are responsible for implementing all
aspects of a secure desktop infrastructure using technologies such
as Windows 10, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware ESX and ControlUP. You
will be the lead SME responsible for operating and continuously
improving the global virtual desktop environment, but you will also
be involved in many projects that involve various aspects of
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Analyzes, designs, develops, documents, and implements complex
for the desktop * Architect and implement any infrastructure
changes to the global VDI environment
* Upgrade VDI environment to keep pace with vendor lifecycles
* Monitor operations to ensure high availability of our desktop
* Analyze performance data to identify meaningful impacts to
* Forecast HW requirements using periodic reporting
* Engineer global Windows 10 VDI templates.
* Work with vulnerability mgmt. team to ensure all PC builds are
free from known vulnerabilities.
* Upgrade and support global Citrix XenDesktop infrastructure.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
* +3 years managing Citrix XenDesktop environment
* Powershell scripting experience required
* ControlUP administration experience
* Must have excellent technical and troubleshooting skills;
* Microsoft/VMware/Citrix certification
* ServiceNow change and incident management experience
* ITIL Foundation Certification
* Expert in Active Directory and Group Policy mgmt.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and
* Experience with vulnerability management
* Experience with SQL queries and reporting
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your
role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all
business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and
reinvent yourself without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial
security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family
experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help
transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected
status under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Brown Brothers Harriman, Jersey City , Desktop / VDI Engineer, Engineering , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!