Middleware Administrator, Vice President
Company: Mizuho Financial Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Responsible for managing and maintaining all of Mizuho's Bank, Ltd
Middleware Applications (i.e. IBM Websphere MQ, IBM IIB
(Integration Bus). Provide subject matter expertise around specific
middleware technologies related to Mizuho Bank.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform middleware software installation and configuration
based on industry best practices.
- Responsible for Supporting, performance tuning and maintenance
of middleware software for Mizuho Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Responsible to participate in design sessions and collaborate
with our development and Infrastructure planning teams in the
design of middleware software.
- Responsible for resolving middleware infrastructure related
- Responsible for performing complex systems design and analysis
around middleware implementation.
- Responsible for supporting middleware on multiple platforms
(Windows, Unix (AIX) and Linux).
- Responsible for writing documentation to support middleware
- Responsible participating in middleware projects.
- Resolving issues in an efficient, effective and professional
- Responsible for implementing all middleware security according
to Mizuho's Security Policies in accordance with industry best
- Responsible for maintaining good communication contacts with
vendors, Head Office's systems support teams and local teams as
needed; including interfacing with end users and next level
management to provide technical consulting.
- Support the bank in any BCP Contingency events either onsite or
remote support, Example could be bad weather (snow, rain) or could
be transit strike just as an example.
- Responsible for achieving the Unit's business plans and
short/long term objectives, reporting/resolving system troubles,
including implementing countermeasures and initiating proactive
steps to prevent system failures and break downs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of professional documents,
schematics and diagrams of the infrastructures related to
middleware infrastructure. Also, data integrity of system
repository database in the division.
- Reporting all system troubles to management in a timely manor
as they occur. Fill out summary sheet describing the problem and
emailing it to management.
- Obtain a basic understanding of the applicable rules and
regulations that govern the Bank. Understand that all questions
and/or clarification about such rules and regulations should be
directed to the Legal & Compliance Unit of the Americas Division.
Attend the Annual Compliance Training presented by the Legal &
Compliance Unit. Read and respond as necessary to all
compliance-related reference and directive materials received.
Comply with the Bank's "Code of Conduct".
- Adhere to all PTCC policy and regulations as put forth by the
4) Technical Skills Required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Experience: 7+ years IT Experience in financial institution.
2. Qualification: Proficiency in middleware concepts, design and
operations. (IBM IIB, IBM MQ V9 V8 and V7, etc)
Experience: 7+ years
3. Qualification: Very strong in working with middleware scripts
and management tools.
Experience: 7+ years
4. Qualification: Strong knowledge of Operating Systems. (Windows,
Unix (AIX), Linux, etc)
Experience: 7+ years
5. Qualification: BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent
industry experience with required certifications.
6. Qualification: Strong Communications skills required
Required to provide remote system support as needed.
NOTE: This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions
associated with this job. Additionally, the contents of this Job
Description may be modified or expanded by the Bank over time.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising
several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and
investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset
management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas
connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial
institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast
global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the
Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is
comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000
employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Mizuho Financial Group, Jersey City , Middleware Administrator, Vice President, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!