Assistant Vice President, Senior Construction Loan Administr
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Job Description - Assistant Vice President, Senior Construction
Loan Administrator (0000F2MZ) Job Description Assistant Vice
President, Senior Construction Loan Administrator : 0000F2MZ
Description At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees
remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to
work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate)
until further notice. This position administers a portfolio of the
largest and most complex Commercial Real Estate (CRE) construction
loans including acting as the lead bank for syndicated construction
loans. Decisions advances under approved lines, maintains the
Bank's collateral position as the project progresses and sections
are released and paid off, settles all activity and ensures proper
balances are reflected on the Bank's system of record. Approves
loan advances and wire transfers recommended by less experienced
personnel. Impact on the Business
- Serve as key contact with commercial real estate developers and
syndicate banks to execute advances of loan proceeds under approved
lines, along with repayments and collateral releases on largest
construction loans in the industry.
- Enforce restrictions and requirements of sophisticated loan
agreements and other documents prepared on a customized basis by
- Ensure compliance with Company policy in executing these
- Assess the information package submitted by the customer and
inspecting consultants and identify problems that have historically
elevated our risk of loss; stop funding until properly resolved.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Serve as primary post-closing contact with customers for
administration and continued funding.
- Balance customer service goals with enforcement objectives to
achieve a balanced relationship with the customer and Relationship
- Demonstrate professionalism and knowledge necessary to earn
respect and future business from assigned customers. Leadership &
- Ensure effective transfer of information and risks to
colleagues as appropriate. Take initiative to ensure all elements
of the process are working to minimize inherent risks of CRE and
- Provide technical and administrative direction to less
experienced personnel to ensure all activities are completed
efficiently and effectively in accordance with policies,
procedures, contractual agreements and Federal regulations. Ensure
departmental and organizational objectives are met. Operational
Effectiveness & Control
- Draft or contribute to operating procedures for execution of
the CRE business.
- Serve in a control function capacity to ensure compliance with
the approved credit and provide early warning of potential risks to
reduce Company risk from real estate lending.
- Construction lending is one of the riskiest products a
commercial bank can offer due to the scores of variables that can
negatively impact the creation of collateral with enough value to
re-pay the loan. Approximately half of these variables are closely
monitored by this position and require significant specialized
expertise. The execution of the responsibilities of this position
can have a significant impact on the Bank's risk profile, industry
- regulatory reputation and ultimate loss ratio. Role Context
- Unlike mortgages or existing structures, construction lending
requires the creation of value through the construction and leasing
or sale of the underlying asset. This process can take three years
and entails a score of potential risks that can ultimately lead to
failure of the customer to deliver an asset worth enough to repay
the loan. The administration of these loans requires specialized
expertise to limit potential losses.
- The position involves significant customer contact to solicit
information, review it for adequacy and compliance and then assess
the risk of the loan at
- that point in time, typically monthly. Problems identified may
require further involvement of other focused internal experts. The
position determines when
- and whom to involve due to a risk they have identified.
- The position is also responsible for customer support and
service, assisting the customer with understanding our requirements
as well as determining payment amounts and collateral positions.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with
HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations
with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
- Elevate identified risk issues to the proper level and type of
expertise within the business and without. Observation of Internal
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators.
- Contribute to the creation of new controls and processes
designed to mitigate the Bank's risk of loss.
Qualifications Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S.
is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, related
field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years proven and progressive construction loan
administration experience or equivalent.
- Proven analytical, decision-making, communications,
interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong experience managing the execution and administration of
complex construction loans and multiple collateral types, as well
as in leading a syndicate bank group in the administration of a
large, complex series of construction loans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
-- Job Field : Commercial Banking Primary Location Other Locations
: North America-United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Jersey City , Assistant Vice President, Senior Construction Loan Administr, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!