Corporate Vice President, Financial Controls Unit (FCU) - Business Process Lead
Company: New York Life Insurance Company
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Corporate Vice President, Financial Controls Unit (FCU) -
Business Process Lead Date: Jan 22, 2021 Location: Jersey City, NJ,
US Company: New York Life Insurance Co A career at New York Life
offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful
business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty.
Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people
achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud
of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our
development programs range from skill-building to management
training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where
all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's
Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving
local communities through a culture of employee giving and service,
supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career
at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we
are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite
you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to
help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more,
please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of
www.NewYorkLife.com . Responsibilities include:
- Support the on-going development and maintenance of the NYL
MAR/SOX Program governance, policies, standards and
- Aid the FCU Business Process Manager to monitor and assess
impact of regulatory changes impacting MAR/SOX.
- Support the FCU Business Process Manager to execute the
day-to-day activities of the MAR/SOX program, which includes
onshore and offshore resources.
- Assist with the maintenance and creation of the co-source
partner resources plan.
- Responsible for the execution of the testing program for all
business controls that impact financial reporting.
- Support the FCU Business Process Manager with materiality and
scoping of all business controls that impact financial
- Work with business process and control owners to develop
remediation strategies to address deficiencies in internal control
over financial reporting.
- Collaborate with business units to assess consistency of the
application of MAR/SOX Program requirements.
- Manage, develop and contribute to the tools that support the
MAR/SOX Program (SharePoint, Wdesk, GRC, etc.).
- Manage the development and compilation of executive level
presentations on the state of internal control over financial
reporting for the MAR/SOX Program.
- Manage the development, maintenance and delivery of MAR/SOX
Program training curriculum.
- Coordinate with internal/external risk and control functions
(e.g., Risk Management, IT Risk and Security, Corporate Audit,
external auditor) to improve integration of governance, risk and
- Act as liaison with Corporate Audit, external auditor and state
regulators for internal control over financial reporting
- Proactively collaborate with the first, second and third lines
of defense to drive awareness, accountability and additional
oversight in the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of
internal control over financial reporting.
- Pro-actively participate in various risks and controls
committees and/or working groups of NYL as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis or concentration in Accounting,
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in roles with major
responsibilities for oversight of and/or testing internal control
over financial reporting is required
- Strong knowledge of Service Organization Control reports (e.g.,
SOC1s) is required
- Strong knowledge of Insurance and Asset Management businesses
- Big four experience is strongly preferred
- CPA or CIA is required
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage and supervise
staff/consultants in a highly productive environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to
effectively communicate with various levels of management, internal
customers and auditors
- Strong management/supervisory, interpersonal and analytical
- Team oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and
shift priorities as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio and Power
Point is required
- Proficient in SharePoint EOE M/F/D/V If you have difficulty
using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to
incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the
information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on
how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at:
(212) 576-5811. Job Requisition ID:--83189--
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Business Process, Financial, Developer, Social Media,
Corporate Finance, Management, Finance, Technology, Marketing
Keywords: New York Life Insurance Company, Jersey City , Corporate Vice President, Financial Controls Unit (FCU) - Business Process Lead, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!