Project Manager, VP
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
MUFG is committed to the safety and well-being of our
colleagues, clients, candidates, and the community as we manage the
current COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, as we continue to
recruit and hire exceptional talent to join our team, we are taking
the necessary precautions to limit in-person contact, aligned with
Federal, State, and local health recommendations and requirements.
All interviews are being conducted remotely via Skype, FaceTime, or
phone. Additionally, we have implemented remote on-boarding for new
colleagues, as appropriate. Thank you for your interest in
exploring career opportunities with MUFG. Do you want your voice
heard and your actions to count? Discover your opportunity with
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In
the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a
difference for every client, organization, and community we serve.
We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on
integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people
first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward
greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts
responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and
owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice
heard and your actions count.
Job Summary In-house senior staff position which will provide a
single point of contact and accountability for commercial client
on-boarding both internally and with clients. Responsible for
completion of the onboarding process for the entire range of
Treasury Management products and services, as assigned. Requires
the ability to work independently, identify required tasks, assign
tasks and manage overall effort to completion ensuring deadlines
are met. Work in partnership with assigned Treasury Relationship
Manager (s) to develop client intimacy through the on-boarding
process. Assist in generating new revenue by identifying and
exercising cross-sell opportunities during on-boarding. Develop
proficiency and knowledge of treasury and operational practices.
Strong organizational and communication skills are critical.
Leadership of teams of various sizes, for various periods of
- Lead in-house support for client onboarding assignments
(includes implementations and maintenance).
- Act as the owner of each customer onboarding as assigned.
- Develop and lead the execution of the plan to complete the
onboarding assignments, notify all involved parties of their
assigned tasks and manage plan to successful completion of
- Responsible for helping overall Treasury Sales team exceed
assigned revenue and sales activity goals.
- Develop and leverage industry knowledge, as well as treasury
systems and operations knowledge, to provide high-level
- Proactively recommend cross sell opportunities.
- Participate in client meetings, as requested by Sales, to
provide insight to the onboarding process and develop the client
relationship with in-house staff.
- Responsible for communicating effectively and professionally
with clients and internal partners on regular basis, in a
collaborative and proactive manner.
- Follow up with clients to ensure that we delivered on what was
- Responsible for creation and submission of internal worksheets
specific to assigned onboarding.
- Develop a network of contacts in Transaction Banking, Product
and ISA--Operations to assist in process management and problem
- Provide direction or support to less experienced staff, as well
as participate in the development of their skill set.
- Demonstrate a commitment to, implement, and follow policies and
procedures that support the Bank's Risk Vision, including the
Bank's anti-money laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and
other relevant operational, compliance and other risk
management-related requirements as appropriate.
- Further a culture of risk and compliance discipline, which
includes, but is not limited to, maintaining compliance with Bank
and business process-related policies and procedures, exhibiting a
strong understanding of the risks associated with the employee's
position, escalating issues of risk concern to management, and
maintaining appropriate data integrity and confidentiality with
regard to all customer files, customer information and business
- Must demonstrate leadership, customer facing, with minimum 10
years project management experience required
- Strong technical experience and skills required
- A strong understanding of widely used ERP and accounting
- Must be a team player who fosters a collaborative working
relationships across the organization
- An effective communicator (written and verbal)
- Must have deep understanding of cash/treasury management
- 4 year college degree preferred, or relevant experience
- Six Sigma methodology, PMP, CTP, FP&A or SWIFT
certifications a plus
- Familiarity with MUFG Union Bank organization is a plus
- Effective time management and prioritizing skills are also
- Must be able to deliver an extraordinary client
- Ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to
completion is required.
- --A passion to drive for results. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified . We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to
create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
category. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment.
Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation,
seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all
employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only
inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been
made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who
have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for,
certain offenses. We are committed to ensuring that our online
application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all
applicants, including individuals with disabilities. If you are an
applicant with a disability, or are assisting an applicant with a
disability, and require accessibility assistance or an
accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request
by telephone at 1-866-275-4717 or email us at AskHR@us.mufg.jp .
Include your contact information and specific details about your
requested accommodation. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging
the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our
workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the
basis of any protected category.
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, Jersey City , Project Manager, VP, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!