Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Job Description - Claims Director (336125) Job Description
Claims Director ( Job Number: 336125 ) Description Chubb is the
world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With
operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal
property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental
health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group
of clients. Scope The Westchester Casualty Claims Director is
responsible for investigating and settling high exposure, high risk
claims. Ensure high level of customer service and claim file
quality. Responsibilities Duties include, but are not limited
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the
insured, broker and TPA in the adjustment of complex and mainstream
casualty, specialty risks and business auto claims.
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as
warranted, under direction of supervisor and coverage unit.
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss
facts and extent of third-party damages.
- Directs and closely monitors assignments to experts and defense
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to
determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations
concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
- Reports to reinsurers and facilitates the prompt collection of
reinsurance on those matters where they are accountable.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
Qualifications Bachelor's degree or Master's degree and/or previous
environmental experience; JD preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years experience handling casualty claims.
- Experience in successfully handling severity exposure
- Strong background and demonstrated ability in dealing with
significant coverage matters.
- Extensive knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, and
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon
detailed analysis of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills particularly in adverse
or high-pressure situations.
- Analytical, Detailed Oriented
- Customer focus - responsive with an appropriate sense of
- Strong Communication Skills - including the ability to listen
effectively; to--confidently and diplomatically express opinions
and voice concerns with other team members; and to present superior
written communication to varied audiences.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish trust and
effective working relationships with others on an external and
- Strong Negotiation and Presentation Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently and as part of a
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to adjust and adapt in an ever-changing
- Technically proficient
- Committed to high standards of behavior and performance Chubb
offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive
benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a
generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock
purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement,
and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are--committed to equal
employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations
pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of
employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability,
genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. EEO Statement At Chubb, we are
committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all
laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide
employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions
or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,
religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic
information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any
other characteristic protected by law. Performance and
qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign,
promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits
all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any
individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Jersey City , Claims Director, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!