Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Careers - Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc. - Associate
Director, Talent Acquisition in Jersey City, New Jersey - Careers
at New Jersey Office Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! Associate Director, Talent Acquisition Job Locations
US-NJ-Jersey City ID 2021-1543 # of Openings 1 Category Human
Resources Overview Entrepreneurial Spirit, Rooted in Tradition . At
Mitsubishi Tanabe Holdings America, Inc. (MTHA), we can tout a
storied reputation more than 300 years in the making. Our parent
company, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation (MTPC), is a
research-driven pharmaceutical company with global reach - and one
of Japan's oldest and most respected companies. MTHA is rapidly
expanding our operation across all functional areas to assist in
the research, development, marketing and sales of new products for
the U.S. market. The Associate Director, Talent Acquisition will
provide strategic leadership for Talent Acquisition, from the
initial sourcing efforts for pharmaceutical professionals and
throughout the full lifecycle process to the point of hire and
beyond. Due to the smaller, entrepreneurial environment, the
incumbent will also maintain a tactical, hands-on responsibility
for ensuring the timely hiring of new recruits, up to and including
executive levels, who are highly qualified, well-vetted and a good
match to the company culture. The Associate Director, Talent
Acquisition will drive continuous improvement throughout all facets
of Talent Acquisition, to include overall program analysis, long-
and short-term strategy development, creating and updating
processes and SOPs, providing impactful training and coaching to
hiring managers, and leading other hiring-related initiatives.
- Maintains awareness of industry-wide Talent Acquisition
standards and norms; benchmarks against leading competitors;
implements innovative strategies to ensure the company's ongoing
access to top talent.
- Continually analyzes internal hiring program. Develops analysis
tools to monitor key metrics (e.g., close rate, time-to-hire,
retention rate, etc.). Solicits and incorporates hiring manager and
new hire/employee feedback. Addresses any hiring gaps or program
shortcomings with timely corrective actions.
- Oversees all Talent Acquisition pipelines including
outsourcing. Partners collaboratively with internal Sourcing staff
and 3 rd party staffing agencies as required.
- Ensures the maintenance of current, professional, and accurate
postings on ATS, industry websites, social media sites, and
internet job boards as needs dictate. May oversee the work of
junior-level staff on this task.
- Partners with hiring managers to gain a deeper understanding of
the vacancies and the hiring managers' needs. Develops accurate
interview guides that reflect those realities.
- Mines resumes from internet job boards for current openings and
to maintain a pipeline for future needs. Investigates new job
boards and recommends as appropriate.
- Develops and leverages a wide variety of additional sources to
locate top talent and create deep candidate pools, including but
not limited to, social media/LinkedIn, employee referrals, job
fairs, professional associations, school placement offices, and
- Screens resumes against desired qualifications and selects the
best qualified applicants for phone interviews.
- Conducts initial phone interviews, vetting for requisite skills
and competencies while persuasively showcasing the career
opportunities during that critical initial contact.
- Represents the company in a professional manner throughout the
remainder of the recruiting process, protecting its brand,
promoting its key differentiators, while providing job applicants
with an accurate understanding of the company and the jobs applied
for. Ensures that the candidate experience is positive for all
applicants, whether ultimately selected or not, building the
company's reputation as a premiere employer.
- Builds excellent relationships with leaders and become a
trusted advisor to MTP partners.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to hiring managers, as
needed, on interviewing and related skills to improve close rate as
well as to ensure compliance with applicable hiring laws.
- Schedules in-person interviews for the hiring managers and
guides managers and candidates through the process.
- Maintains close communication with all candidates in the
pipeline to ensure tight coordination and an efficient pace that
keeps the candidates fully engaged and enthused about the career
- As needed, creates and manages various programs that help build
a future pipeline of permanent hires.
- Maintains an accurate recording of all work in the applicant
tracking system. Recommends and helps to implement new technology
- Manages/continually improves the new employee orientation
program to ensure the seamless acclimation of new team members to
- Works on ad hoc projects as needed. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business or a
related area, required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a recruiter with at least
6 years in full lifecycle, high-volume pharmaceutical
- Must have experience sourcing for Regulatory, Clinical and/or
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws, especially as they
pertain to hiring.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen; capable of both "big
picture" strategy and tactical task-oriented approach.
- Strong understanding of applicant tracking systems (ATS) and
how to leverage maximum functionality. Experience with the iCIMS
ATS is a plus.
- Highly responsive and customer service oriented.
- Great sense of urgency-- thinks creatively to overcome
obstacles; excellent at multi-tasking.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills; formal presentation skills; persuasive and engaging;
open-minded, respectful, and sensitive to cultural
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use
Excel to analyze data.
- Works out of Jersey City, NJ office with some flexibility to
work from a home office.
- Required to travel up to 5-10% to attend job fairs and other
events. Our Value Proposition: Enjoy the fast-moving,
entrepreneurial spirit more typically found in a small biotech,
complemented by the benefits of a global pharmaceutical/chemical
conglomerate. At this time, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Holdings, Inc.
offers our employees outstanding opportunities for career success
coupled with a supportive level of employee benefits:
Medical/Dental - Life Insurance - Supplemental Life
Insurance/Dependent Life Insurance - Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance - Business Travel Accident Insurance -
Short-Term Disability - Long-Term Disability - Flexible Spending
Accounts - Employee's Savings Plan (401K Plan) - Competitive Paid
Time Off Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this
job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software
Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Jersey City , Associate Director, Talent Acquisition, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!