Financial Intelligence Vice President
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation - Careers - Financial
Intelligence Vice President in Jersey City, New Jersey - Careers at
Harborside Skip Branding
- ASIA PACIFIC
- Products & Services
- About Us
- Group Companies
- Contact Us E-Moneyger--
BACK TO TOP SMBC Group is a member of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial
- SUMITOMO MITSUI FINANCIAL GROUP
- SMFG PROFILE
- INVESTOR RELATIONS
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- NEWS PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Aviation Finance
- Cash Management
- Corporate Banking
- Financial Institutions
- Foreign Exchange & Treasury
- Lease Finance
- Leveraged Finance
- Project Finance
- Real Estate Finance & Fund Finance
- Syndicated Loans
- Trade Finance GROUP COMPANIES
- SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc.
- SMBC Capital Markets, Inc.
- SMBC Rail Services LLC
- Manufacturers Bank
- JRI America, Inc.
- SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc.
- Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro S.A.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd. ABOUT US
- Our Bank
- A Market Leader
- Key Data
- SMBC in the Americas
- Our History
- Investor Relations CAREERS
- Bank of Opportunity
- SMBC & You
- Inclusion & Diversity
- Meet Our Team
- University Recruiting
- Experienced Professionals
- Join Team SMBC CONTACT US
- New York, New York
- Bogota, Colombia
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Leon, Mexico
- Lima, Peru
- Los Angeles, California
- Menlo Park, California
- Mexico City, Mexico
- San Francisco, California
- Santiago, Chile
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Toronto, Canada IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR
OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT - To help the government fight the funding of
terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all
financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information
that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means
for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name,
address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to
identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other
- Copyright -- 2020 SMBC Group.
- All Rights Reserved.
- Careers - Financial Intelligence Vice President in Jersey City,
New Jersey - Careers at Harborside Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Financial Intelligence Vice President Job
Locations US-NJ-Jersey City Posting Date 2 days ago (3/19/2021 1:55
PM) Career Category Compliance and Legal iCIMS ID 2021-9240
Corporate Title VP Type Fulltime-Regular Overview Within SMBC's
Compliance Department Americas Division (CPAD), Financial
Intelligence Unit (FIU) is responsible for the monitoring and
investigation of all customer transactions for suspicious
activities. Reporting to the Director, the FIU Deputy Head assists
in managing the execution of the transaction monitoring (TM)
program. This role is also responsible for assisting in the
oversight of the day to day operations and assisting with managing
a team of compliance professionals responsible for dispositioning
TM alerts and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). The FIU
Deputy Head manages a defined-infrastructure area and assists in
leading day-to-day execution and broader planning of the department
and its activities. The position draws upon experience and sound
judgement to lead and manage the team, make decisions regarding the
execution of transactions, and makes determinations regarding
surveillance activities. The FIU Deputy Head is one of the primary
contacts within CPAD for advisory purposes, and the other
compliance function departments (Sanctions and KYC) for
information-sharing purposes. Position is first point of escalation
for complex transactions. The most complex issues are escalated to
the next level of management, the FIU Director. Number of direct
reports: up to 10. Number of indirect reports: up to 40.
Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities
- Assists with managing the department's compliance with all
regulatory practices outlined by CPAD BSA/AML/OFAC including SARs,
the adherence to Bank policies and procedures, and the timely and
successful completion of all surveillance-related
- Assists with managing the performance, development, and ongoing
training of all assigned FIU staff; and ensures the staff's
understanding of compliance with all policies and procedures
outlined by CPAD BSA/AML/OFAC regulations including SARs.
- Manages employee relations, workforce planning, performance
management, and mentorship for all in scope members.
- Assist with the management of transaction monitoring software
applications and processes; manages improvements to the processes
and systems that are used in the processing of transaction
- In the absence of or when instructed by the Director, provides
review and approval of investigation recommendations and ensures
timely filing of SARs.
- In the absence of or when instructed by the Director, ensures
that alert and case investigations are completed in accordance with
Bank's policy and current BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and maintains
evidence and proper documentation and rationale for alerts and case
investigations and escalates them to the BSA Officer when
suspicious activity is identified.
- Reviews, monitors and prepares necessary reports of the
department's daily activities.
- Oversees the communication process for sharing information with
relationship managers, external entities, head office and other
branches or subsidiaries.--
- Maintains open communication with the FIU Director and other
CPAD management for all matters relating to FIU.
- Ensures business continuity under all conditions, sometimes
adverse, with strict adherence to established guidelines and
- When requested, drafts communications and provides
documentation as required in response to inquiries from internal
and external auditors, bank departments, and regulators.
- Makes recommendations to the FIU Director, Deputy BSA/AML
Compliance Officer and BSA/AML Compliance Officer regarding
decisions to close accounts or block and return transactions.
- Partners with analytics and technology groups to fine-tune
transaction monitoring scenarios in accordance with changes in the
SMBC NY's risk profile. Qualifications Qualifications
- Expert-level understanding of legal aspects and recordkeeping
requirements of banking regulations relating to money transfer
(especially AML, BSA, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act); market practices
related to foreign and domestic money transfers; banking policies,
statutory and compliance regulations.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality; unquestionable
character, integrity and professionalism.
- Strong understanding of criminal typologies in financial
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability; ability to execute
in a high -pressure and time-sensitive environment.
- Strong reasoning ability; understand complex situations, people
and systems needs against backdrop of an ever-changing regulatory
- Strong leadership skills; ability to direct staff and workflows
in accordance with bank standards and practices.
- Strong relationship-building skills to manage internal
management relationships and Head Office.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with SharePoint and Microsoft Office suite.
- Work Experience: 7 to 10 years of specialized experience in
Financial Services Compliance, Payment System or Money Transfer. 5
years of management experience preferred.
- Education: BA / BS (or equivalent experience)
- Licenses / Certifications / Registrations: CAMS preferred
- Language Skills: Business fluency in the following language(s):
- Software Systems / Programming Languages: SWIFT preferred.--
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial
group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC
Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including
banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance.
The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide
in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
(SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the
three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFG's shares trade on the
Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada,
Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital
strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia,
the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking
services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It
connects a diverse client base to local markets and the
organization's extensive global network. The Group's operating
companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
(SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets,
Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America,
Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui
Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co.,
SMBC is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Jersey City , Financial Intelligence Vice President, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!