LAUP Executive Director
Company: Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Latin Americans United for Progress (LAUP) Executive Director
Position Description Reports to: Board of Directors Status: Full
time Position Summary: The Executive Director of LAUP is the
primary leadership role of the organization charged with setting
and carrying out strategy to achieve the organization's vision and
values. This position is a full time plus position with paid time
off as approved by the President of the Board of Directors.
- Keep accurate financial records, create and maintain annual
budget, manage cash flow, produce monthly financial reports for
Board of Directors, and ensure fiscal responsibility. Fund
Development & Communications:
- Foster diverse fundraising streams including but not limited to
individual and corporate gifts, private and public grants, event
revenues, and translation services.
- Maintain and develop relationships with funders through
- Expand local revenue generation and fundraising
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications from web
presence to external communications
- including but not limited to monthly newsletters, social media,
and other communication avenues. Leadership:
- Ensure program excellence, program evaluation, and consistent
quality of finance and administration.
- Actively engage and energize LAUP's volunteers, board members,
event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop a strong partnership with the board of directors to set
a strategic direction for the organization.
- Assist with board development and orientation of new board
- Foster existing and develop new relationships with churches,
businesses, and other non-profits.
- Serve as primary public spokesperson.
- Provide guidance and leadership for LAUP staff and
- Ensure effective communication and vision which accomplishes
the mission of LAUP. Management:
- Ensure that all LAUP events and initiatives are executed in a
timely and organized manner.
- Ensure all day-to-day functions associated with education and
cultural programs, services and office operations are accomplished
alongside the Programs Director.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees as well as foster
a culture of excellence and continuous improvement for all staff.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years of people leadership experience, with some preferred
experience leading manager-or-above level talent.
- Prior non-profit leadership experience strongly preferred;
those with for-profit backgrounds, paired with compatible
experiences and skills, will be considered.
- Fundraising or fund development experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to create meaningful relationships with new
and existing donor populations.
- Experience securing grant funding from various sources
- Prior experience, expertise or advocacy work with educational
and cultural programs or organizations is preferred. Lived
commitment to LAUP's mission and vision is essential.
- Demonstrated program design and management experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills are
- 3+ years of budget management experience.
- Prior experience working with Boards of Directors or Committees
- Experience facilitating strategic planning and developing
annual strategic objectives.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred About LAUP:
- Mission- LAUP empowers Latinos to participate in creating a
better community for all through advocacy, celebration &
- Vision- To be the Center of influence in our Latino community
that builds bridges to opportunities and creates pathways to
success for all.
- Programs- Youth and Adult educational programs
- Services- Translation Salary: Starting at $50,000 Note:
- LAUP is an at-will employer.
- This agreement is not a contract.
- All employees serve for the sole benefit of LAUP. The West
Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for
use in brochures and on the Web. - By registering you agree that
the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in
photographs or video taken at a Chamber event. -
Keywords: Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce, Jersey City , LAUP Executive Director, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!