Project Manager - PMO/IT Governance
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Project Manager will manage the bank's strategic and/or
important technology projects while also assisting with developing,
documenting, implementing and governing processes pertaining to the
project management practice as part of the PMO and IT Governance
group within JRIA.
- The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage
projects. The role focuses on meeting project commitments,
including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, etc.
- Manage strategic and complex banking technology projects in a
financial services environment.
- Leads all aspects of a project from planning, execution through
implementation and closure.
- Facilitates the definition of project missions, goals, tasks,
funding and resource requirements and ensures buy-in for project
objectives from key team members from a matrixed
- Completes projects or assigned tasks in accordance with the
defined project management methodology.
- Facilitate the definition of the project requirements
- Manages project budget and resource allocation and
- Manages customers/stakeholders (including subject matter
experts from different Technical teams); facilitates communication
and implements changes where applicable.
- Monitors project progress, risks and issues, and provides
regular status updates to the management team. Tracks progress
against budget, schedule and quality expectations.
- Ensures the JRIA SDLC process is followed to identify,
schedule, manage and implement the projects that are being
- Manages vendors, negotiates/defines initial contracts, resolves
issues and provides ongoing communication; tracks
- Participates, where necessary, in requirements
gathering/elicitation, design and/or testing phases.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of conflicts within and
between projects or functional areas; implements changes where
- Submits Change Requests (CRs) and System Maintenance Logs
(SMLs) as part of the change management process
- Utilizes industry best practices for managing the
- Mentors and assists Project and Resource Managers to understand
and follow the requisite processes and procedures covering Project,
Financial and Resource Management. Leads the necessary training
efforts for the assigned areas.
- Conducts Process Quality Reviews (PQRs), ensuring documented
methodologies are followed, including documentation, requirements
and best practices.
- Contribute to PMO and IT Governance methodology and related
process improvement efforts.
- Formal project management expertise and knowledge of project
management methodology/SDLC/PLC processes in IT Financial services
- Broad experience in managing complex IT processes and projects
across multiple business and technical areas.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and coach junior members of the
project management team.
- Tenacious problem solver able to make routine decisions as well
as complex analyses in a fast-paced, technical
- Ability to influence people outside the immediate span of
control, negotiate and resolve conflicts, and work with business
users, IT partners and vendors.
- Experience working with technology vendors to implement product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability
to articulate concepts and ideas to diverse audiences.
- Able to work well autonomously and be a complete
- Experience working with technology vendors to implement
- 5+ years of comparable or relevant experience
- Education: Required BA/BS; Preferred: BA /BS: Computer Science
or Management Information Systems, Finance, mathematics,
concentration is preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, MS Visio, MS Project,
Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools, MS Project Server
experience is advantageous, Resource Management tools
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Jersey City , Project Manager - PMO/IT Governance, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!