Applications Development Manager - Futures Clearing Technology
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Futures Clearing Technology group in Citigroup is dynamic
and fast-paced and allows low latency, high performance,
straight-through-processing of exchange traded derivatives. Futures
Clearing Technology platform handles trade allocations and clearing
of Futures and Options across 22 clearing houses across the
globe.We are looking for an Application Development Manager for the
North American team who will be leading a team of Developers to
deliver on the Futures Clearing Book of Work and reporting into the
Global Head of Futures Clearing in New Jersey. This is a senior
role responsible for accomplishing results through the management
of a team in coordination with the other regional leads and teams
in Singapore, Shanghai, Pune and Toronto, the broader Futures
Technology organization and the clearing operations, product
development and client services teams. The overall objective of
this role is to architect, design and deliver cutting-edge,
best-in-class solutions to solve business challenges and implement
enhancements related to futures clearing, build reusable libraries
and components and ensure that the platform stays current and
modern with evolving technologies. We are looking for
Managers/Technical Leads who are exceptionally strong and hands-on
with the technical stack, passionate about engineering excellence,
possess demonstrated experience in building cohesive,
high-performing teams.Key Responsibilities
- Manage Applications Development teams to deliver clearing
related enhancements for Listed Derivatives
- Conduct personnel duties for team such as performance reviews,
coaching, hiring and disciplinary actions.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple
Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight and
architectural guidance across systems and applications
- Architect, review and implement technical solutions that
conform to Citi standards, deliver optimized client experience and
competitive advantage while utilizing best-of-breed
- Design, develop and test resilient, stateless, scalable, and
reusable services and APIs utilizing latest frameworks and
libraries while adhering to development standards.
- Drive the platform modernization roadmap by developing reusable
software components in a microservices cloud-native
- Drive the UI/UX roadmap by developing high-performing Angular
screens utilizing latest in-house frameworks and libraries with an
emphasis on design patterns, reusability, code quality and secure
- Monitor delivery of end results, handle day-to-day staff
management issues, including resource management and allocation of
work within the team/project and ensure essential procedures are
- Drive application development activities by partnering closely
with stakeholders, product managers and business analysts to
understand problem statement.
- Implement automated build, test and deployment pipelines
utilizing latest DevOps tools available at Citi.
- Strong experience in validating testing and have quality
product at early stage of lifecycle and ability to partner with QA
engineers to drive test automation efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build reusable,
shared libraries, and components.
- Participate in weekly rotational support for the ETD clearing
- Proactively manage technical debt, operational risks, and
vulnerabilities to improve the application risk profile.
- Maintain application documentation, establish standards, share
best practices, and challenge status quo.
- Manage a team of software professionals and project timelines
and ensure high quality deliverable within the project budget.
Mentor/coach junior team members and enforce governance with
respect to application development and testing standards and best
practices to continuously enhance code quality.
- Evaluate software and vendors and conduct proof-of-concept
development using emerging technologies.
- Research and understand front-end development and DevOps best
practices based on industry and Citi standards.
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of
applications programming and ensure that the application design
adheres to the overall architecture blueprint.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and
safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets.
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and a culture of accountability,
ownership, and continuous process improvements.Required Skills,
Experience and Competencies
- Seasoned professional with 10+ years of experience in the IT
industry, preferably in the financial services space, with a strong
understanding of trade processing and Middle Office workflows.
- 3+ years of experience as Applications Development Manager with
formal people management responsibilities.
- Sound technical background with a passion to explore emerging
- Experience designing and developing cloud native applications
with a microservices architecture running on
- Application development experience using Java, SQL, REST APIs,
Kafka/ MQ/ TIBCO/Solace.
- Experience with distributed Cache (Gemfire/ Redis), FIX
protocol and application security standards and protocols such as
Oauth, TLS, SSL, SSH, SFTP and PKI.
HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated people management skills with experience building
high-performing application development teams through mentoring,
coaching and active listening.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment and
managing stakeholders in a global and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented professional who can juggle priorities in a
high-pressure, dynamic, global environment.
- Strong analytical, inter-personal and problem-solving skills
with the ability to innovate and a can-do attitude.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task, manage tight
deadlines, adapt to changing requirements and deal with ambiguity
without impacting delivery.
- Detail-oriented and self-organized individual with exceptional
written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, follow-through, and project delivery
- Ability to build trusted relationships and partner across a
- Proactive and self-motivated professional who can hit the
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the status-quo and seek
out answers and a passion for continuous process improvements.
- Prior experience developing low latency, high volume, high
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Information
TechnologyDesirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Understanding of futures and options clearing workflow and
experience working with futures exchanges and clearinghouses.This
job description provides a high-level review of the types of work
performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as
required.-Job Family Group:Technology-Job Family:Applications
Development-Time Type:-Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.View
the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law
Supplement.View the EEO Policy Statement.View the Pay Transparency
Posting-Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all
successful applicants for positions located in the United States or
Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Jersey City , Applications Development Manager - Futures Clearing Technology, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!