VP, Underwriter Experience
Company: Arch Insurance
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Underwriter Experience (UWX) is a growing team at Arch, that
designs a modern user experience for users across a wide range of
lines of business. The team's mission is to improve employee
engagement, productivity, and responsiveness to facilitate growth.
To be successful, we need to help underwriters respond quicker by
designing efficient business workflows that incorporate innovative
technologies, such as: AI-powered intelligent document processing,
data enrichment via third-party sources, and prioritization based
on analytics. -
As VP, Underwriter Experience, you will play a crucial role in
establishing and executing user experience strategy for Arch
Insurance. You will lead the effort to design the underwriter
experience across multiple business units. This includes
coordinating with business unit leaders, underwriters, members of
the Strategic Analytics (SA) team, as well as IT and process
management teams. You will additionally track, and publish, status
updates for key stakeholders and the Arch senior leadership team on
high profile initiatives.
- Establish strong relationships with business partners to
understand their business process, current underwriter/claims
handling experience, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working closely with these business partners help develop a
vision for the user experience for various commercial insurance
lines of business. -
- Support automated document processing and data enrichment:
- Identify opportunities for automated document processing and
data enrichment (e.g., applications, loss runs, etc.)--- -
- Develop build vs. buy cost-benefit analysis. -
- Design proof-of-concept projects to evaluate the usefulness of
the data product. -
- Negotiate and contract with vendors as needed.--- -
- Coordinate efforts with the SA team to collect data or run the
PoC project. -
- Working with the SA team, evaluate PoC outcomes.
- Support underwriter workflow improvements:--- -
- Work with underwriting and analytics team to simplify
- Evaluate diverse options for workflow management solutions
(e.g., IT built u/w workbench, SA built Power platform solution,
external vendor). -
- Develop the business case to justify funding requests.
- Assemble a cross-functional team, including UWX, SA, and IT, to
implement the solution. -
- Direct the integration of assorted services (e.g., triage
score, 3pd API, OCR API, etc.) into the workflow management tool
via API.--- -
- Develop and direct a team that can support AUX initiatives.
- Help establish best practices and repeatable processes
applicable across the various business units. -
- Establish robust monitoring processes for implemented solutions
and provide regular feedback to business partners. -
- 15+ years' experience in p/c insurance business process
analysis, process improvement, preferably in commercial lines
commercial lines underwriting. -
- Exceptional teamwork skills are required to play a key role in
cross-functional teams; ability to collaborate and build trusting
relationships with business partners. -
- A strong understanding of the p/c insurance business and a
passion for the industry--- .
- Track record of identifying opportunities for improving
business process; Demonstrable ability to lead discussions,
synthesize input from various stakeholders to drive consensus on
- Track record of leading multidisciplinary teams for delivering
technology solutions to address opportune areas.
- Hands-on experience with contracting and vendor negotiations
and designing / leading PoC projects -
- Demonstrable execution and organization skills - task
management, time management and project management. -
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to
convey complex concepts to people across the organization.
- Natural curiosity to understand the world around you and
question as needed. -
- Prior commercial lines underwriting or claim handling
experience is strongly preferred.--- -
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, actuarial science, or a
related STEM or business field -
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides
insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis.
- Arch Capital Services LLC provides support and expertise to
entities across ACGL to help them operate effectively and
efficiently. -Arch is committed to helping its associates create
what's next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting
your professional development and a culture that encourages
innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent
that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the
extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
Keywords: Arch Insurance, Jersey City , VP, Underwriter Experience, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!