Associate Director Global Clinical Operations, Business Operations
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 18, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAre you looking for a
patient-focused, innovation-driven company to inspire you and
empower you to shine? Join us as a Associate Director, Global
Clinical Operations, Business Operations based in Cambridge, MA or
remotely reporting to the Head of Global Clinical Operations
(GCO).At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry
through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led
company. To do this, we empower our people to accomplish their
potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top
Employer, we offer stimulating careers, and work toward excellence
in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative
workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering
commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people
around the world.Here, you will be an important contributor to our
inspiring, bold mission.GOALS:
- Work closely with the Head of GCO to develop and execute GCO
strategic plans, projects and commitments to drive operational
efficiencies and connectivity across GCO.
- Ensure that crucial strategic and operational
cross-organization issues/projects/initiatives are addressed
efficiently and tracks progress of key strategic initiatives,
working with TAUs, and R&D functions.
- Be responsible for business process optimization in GCO,
including maintaining and updating the GCO playbook, tracking SOP
compliance for GCO staff, and managing staff JDs and CVs.
- Provide project/program management to deliver on GCO strategic
priorities by leading high-impact, high-priority projects and
overseeing implementation of Global Development Office-wide
- Organizing business-critical meetings to mobilize the GCO
- Manage GCO communications strategy, culture and people-focused
- Lead Clinical Operations initiatives (including lessons learned
process) to develop innovative processes and technologies to
advance operations and reduce operating costs; Support functional
cross-GDO strategic initiatives and processes by representing GCO
on cross-functional teams.
- Assign and track Responsible GCO resources flowing to
transformational project/initiatives relative to overall priorities
to maintain transparency to GCO Leadership.
- Lead business processes optimization for effective use of
resources. Identify and support the execution of opportunities for
the enhancements of core capabilities within GCO, including process
- Work proactively with the GCO, TAU and other R&D key
stakeholders to ensure that strategic portfolio priorities are
fully enabled at the levels of budget, operations, and resource
- Oversee and contribute to the development of the GCO Playbook,
and organize orientation sessions for new hires to review the
- Manage GCO business operations, including tracking and
following-up on GCO staff compliance with all applicable Takeda
SOPs, in collaboration with the central Process, Training, and
Compliance function, Central planning and organization of
onboarding efforts for new GCO hires.
- Provide central management of GCO job descriptions and CVs of
hired GCO staff, in collaboration with GDO HR.
- Maintain GCO Managers' New Hire Checklist.
- Be a superuser to manage and maintain GCO's Sharepoint space on
Takeda's internal system.
- Maintain all guidance documents pertaining to GCO's ways of
working, including relevant sections of Takeda Trial Delivery
- Organize GCO Leadership Team meetings and critical portfolio
review meetings such as Critical Milestone meeting.
- Facilitate GCO Leadership Team meetings, giving input to
portfolio, resources, and financial decisions.
- Facilitate GCO Town Hall meetings, and off-site GCO Leadership
- Support COLT in the planning and preparation of TAU-specific
study pipeline review meetings.
- Support Head of GCO in GCO budget planning and management,
liaise with Finance to ensure optimal operating environment.
- Support Head of GCO and COLT in resource projections, tracking,
and management including yearly mid-range planning efforts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent required, Life
Sciences preferred. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- 5 or more years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
and/or clinical research organization, with demonstrable deep
understanding of clinical development practices.
- 5 or more years of direct operations management experience
and/or management experience in a highly matrix organization across
- Global/international experience required, including ability to
collaborate with colleagues and staff in other locations.
- Experience in people leadership, managing global teams, change
management and coordinating collaboration with cross-functional
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process
transformation and organizational culture change as well as
delivering on programs with complex business deliverables.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, execution, and
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with
direct exposure to clinical development.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding
of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Requires approximately 20% travel, including overnight and
international travel to other Takeda sites, strategic partners, and
therapeutic area required travel.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days.
- Community Outreach Programs.Location and Salary Information:
- Location(s): Cambridge, MA or remote.
- Base Salary Range: $143,500 - $205,000 based on candidate
professional experience level.Empowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters
Please.EEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Jersey City , Associate Director Global Clinical Operations, Business Operations, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!