Application Stability Manager - VP
Company: Morgan Stanley
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Number: - -3216892Posting Date: - -Jun 9, 2022Primary
Location: - -Americas-United States of America-New Jersey-Jersey
CityEducation Level: - -Bachelor's DegreeJob: -
-DevelopmentEmployment Type: - -Full TimeJob Level: - -Vice
President -DescriptionAbout Us:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm
providing a wide range of investment banking, securities,
investment management and wealth management services. We advise,
originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments,
institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and
passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we
share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and
strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for
building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and
Technology/Role/Department at Morgan Stanley:
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley
business units and the world's leading technology companies to
redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and
dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in
technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge
modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security
systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the
worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems
and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a
competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
This role will be responsible to:
- Manage a 24/7 team of Change Execution Analysts located in
- Manage key aspects of changes across their life cycle.
- Manage all the releases in flight at various stages as well as
other changes to satisfy Production fixes, BAU, Mandatory projects,
certificate releases, password rotation, and large technology
- Work with the project and application owners to ensure that the
changes remain on track and get delivered on time and all necessary
- Ensure proper monitoring, management reporting and governance
supporting the delivery efforts.
- Manage/Assist in the coordinate of Change Execution
- Perform Deployment analysis and scheduling of deployment
- Create consolidated implementation plan for the change packages
consisting of approved and aligned changes.
- Analyze the risk associated with each change event and determine
the coverage required for successful delivery.
- Manage the communication around each change event as needed.
- Provide metrics and status reporting before, during, and after
the change events.
- Management of issues and risks during the change event, and
follow-ups after the event to ensure appropriate closure.
- Schedule and manage RFB Checkouts in alignment of Change Risk
- Transition of the environment to ASG via formalized handshake
after each change event.
- Post event evaluation, communication and reporting.
The Right Candidate:
The right candidate will have a keen focus on managing risk
associated with changes in a dynamic environment. This candidate
will have an understanding of the managed release environment, and
ability to manage and collaborate with globally dispersed
- Prior experience in a managed release environment
- Prior experience in a technology delivery organization
- Prior experience in the financial industry
- Experience with running large change events
- Experience with running swat calls, interacting and coordinating
with technology teams, and triaging issues
- Structured SDLC experience (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and data mining
concepts (QlikView, Tableau)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People management skills
Good to have skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate and work collectively across
technology project managers, developers, engineers, and
stakeholders across all organizational levels
- Ability to educate stakeholders, at all levels, in a respectful
and interactive manner
- Ability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them
constructively and promote this approach to other stakeholders
- Ability to implement changes across organizational units and
nurturing relationships in the process
Keywords: Morgan Stanley, Jersey City , Application Stability Manager - VP, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!