Company: Brown Brothers Harriman
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or
small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value
passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to
find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking
for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and
steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone
who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting
challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek
someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and
motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can
learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for
The Relationship Manager (RM) has dual responsibility for
relationship excellence and new business development. The RM is
responsible for increasing relationship penetration with existing
clients and selling white zone products to prospective clients
within territory. Additionally, the RM is responsible for ensuring
satisfaction with current BBH products and services while
maximizing profitability and increasing product breadth with
Relationship Management & Client Services
* Ensure Relationship Excellence (RE) with existing clients.
* Serve as the client advocate within BBH at strategic level,
ultimately responsible for client satisfaction; ensures top
rankings in industry surveys.
Sales & Revenue Generation
* Responsible for long-term profitability of current client
* Grow revenue with assigned prospects/clients.
* Coordinate cross-selling activity with Client Service Manager
(CSM), product specialists, Ops and Systems; oversees deals.
* Identify and coordinate innovative and integrated solutions to
address clients' strategic challenges using multiple BBH products
* Achieve annual revenue targets within stated profit margin
* Evaluate existing client relationships and identifies new revenue
streams through active communication and collaboration with CSM,
Ops, and Systems.
* Promote BBH products and services throughout the industry and
position BBH for long-term opportunities.
Planning & Strategy
* Develop and maintain detailed sales account plans and RE analysis
for individual clients and prospects.
* Monitor development and progress against sales plans for
clients/prospects and RE action steps.
* Develop strategic business relationships with top level
executives of client/prospect organizations.
* Monitor and track clients and potential clients by developing an
in-depth knowledge of their 1, 3, and 5-year business strategy, key
imperatives, organizational changes and related activities.
* Actively track and communicate client and market intelligence
back to appropriate BBH resources and colleagues.
* BS/BA required, or equivalent work experience.
* MBA is a plus. * A minimum of 5 years global custody or related
industry experience is required.
* 2 to 4 years of marketing/sales experience desirable.
* Global custody product knowledge; Cross product knowledge a
* Communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills and
excellent writing ability (writing sample required).
* Proven negotiation skills.
* Professional business acumen; Ability to interact in a
professional manner at all levels, both internally and externally
* Detail oriented with proven ability to see open issues to
* Quick learner, ability to juggle duties and trouble shoot while
maintaining an upbeat personality.
* Fluency in Spanish is required and knowledge of foreign markets
* Travel required.
What We Offer:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your
role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all
business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and
reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial
security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family
experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help
transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected
status under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Brown Brothers Harriman, Jersey City , Relationship Manager, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!