Regional Human Resources Manager (Bilingual - English/Spanish)
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Hey, we're Article. We're an online furniture company creating
remarkably better furniture experiences one sofa at a time. And as
the Regional HR Manager (known internally as People & Culture),
you'll take a systems approach to your work and think holistically
about the network in the areas of onboarding, developing, engaging,
and retaining top talent. This position reports to the Senior
Manager, P&C Business Partnership in Vancouver, Canada and will
support our teams in New Jersey and the surrounding area. This is a
hybrid role and is expected to be on site 3 days per week.
Why We Need You:
As the Regional People and Culture Manager, you will partner with
business leaders in our Warehouse, Home Delivery and Logistics
teams to understand business objectives and help enable the
achievement of these goals through people and culture programs and
practices. You will coach and train our leaders in key areas
related to building and maintaining a great place to work across a
wide geographic area.
You will significantly impact the Article business by:
- Supporting the leadership teams in creating a culture which
attracts and retains high caliber talent
- Mitigating risk to the company by aligning the team around our
- Supporting the teams in your region as the first point of
contact for questions, concerns, and thoughtful solutionsWhy
As a Particle (people of Article), you will have a high level of
autonomy to solve challenging, meaningful problems the best way you
can. That means you're trusted to explore solutions you believe
will work best (you're the expert, after all). You'll do all this
while growing your skills within a company that is redefining the
What You'll Do
- Provide effective first line P&C support to employee and
manager inquiries on various P&C related topics.
- Partner with regional and location leaders to identify gaps and
propose solutions that support overall strategic plans.
- Support Managers through coaching performance management and
improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow up of action
plans around improving employee's performance.
- Drive insights from our engagement survey data, evaluate
existing strategies and formulate plans in conjunction with site
leaders, to execute plans relating to engagement of our
- Create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR
- Stay abreast of changing legal and talent management best
practices in your region.
- Support operational workforce planning and support hiring
managers to determine resourcing needs and develop necessary
information to support job leveling to prepare for hiring.
- Administration of P&C practices, systems, programs, and
policies in the assigned area to ensure company compliance with
- Lead and conduct investigations regarding violations of our
company's standards of conduct etc.
- Supporting the performance review and compensation process
through training and partnering with local leadership to ensure
compliance and effectiveness.
- On-boarding new hires, which may include drafting offer
letters, completing new hire onboarding in our HRIS (BambooHR),
leading orientation, reviewing the employee handbook, and
coordinating training as needed.
- Offboard employees including conducting exit interviews to
identify issues in the team/department and provide recommendations
on action plans for improvement. Monitor and report on trends.
- Oversee open enrollment for your region and support with
benefits questions from time to time
- Enter and maintain workplace injury information and liaise with
safety specialist regarding complex situations.
- Ensure data integrity in our HRIS system.
- Lead and partner on initiatives and projects that impact the
employee experience within the Global Logistics network.
Who You Are:
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Growth-oriented and adaptable to change, comfortable with
ambiguity and using judgment
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources with a focus on
employee relations and talent management
- SHRM - CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR preferred
- Ability to travel within the US and Canada approximately 15-20%
of the time
- Experience working with hourly client groups, preferably in a
distribution or trucking environment, ideally across multiple
- Able to work independently
- Able and willing to work in a multi-shift distribution
environment; flexible to work different shifts and extended hours
- Good understanding of HR legislation in your area (e.g.
employment standards, human rights, health & safety, privacy laws,
- Proven ability to successfully work with individuals at various
levels of the organization
- An ownership mindset and are accountable to the business and
- Strong customer focus and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of various computer
programs such as Microsoft Office or Google suite, HRIS, payroll
Perks & Benefits
- You'll start with at least 29 days off between vacation,
wellness days, holidays and an Inclusion and Diversity Day
- We want you to experience the obsession our customers have for
Article furniture. You'll enjoy a 45% discount (15% for friends and
family, too) on our whole product offering
- In the "Ownership Mindset" mentality, we offer stock options
after one year of employment
- Other Benefits:
- Extended Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid maternity and parental leave
About ArticleHi there, we're Article.
Since 2013 we've been redefining the furniture industry one sofa at
a time. Founded in Vancouver, Canada, we now have remote Particles
(people of Article) across the globe, and an office in Vietnam. Our
US and Canadian home delivery network serves our customers coast to
Keywords: Article, Jersey City , Regional Human Resources Manager (Bilingual - English/Spanish), Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!