Brand Manager, Reserva De La Familia
Company: Proximo Spirits
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Position SummaryReserva de la Familia is the crown jewel of the
Cuervo portfolio of tequilas. Historically only shared with the
closest family and friends, Reserva De La Familia was first offered
commercially in 1995 on the brand's 200th anniversary. Reserva
currently offers three 100% agave luxury/ultra-premium tequilas
that have a strong heritage rooted in quality. Our small batch
tequilas are handcrafted following an artisanal process that has
been handed down over generations and the brand is a trailblazer
for luxury tequila as we know it today. We are seeking a brand
manager to join the Luxury Tequila team and support all Reserva De
La Familia brand marketing efforts. As Brand Manager, you will help
in the creation and implementation of consumer and
commercially-driven marketing plans that poise the brand for
Role & Responsibilities-Support the development of the Reserva De
La Familia marketing strategy and annual plans:
- Identify brand, portfolio, consumer and commercial needs &
- Support the innovation & commercialization process including
collaborating with cross-functional partners in the U.S. and
- Optimize brand strategy & implement plans across all
- Evaluate media mix versus objectives
- Offer new ideas opportunities to evolve the brand and meet
objectives -Day-to-day brand management:
- Monitor brand health and performance tracking (Nielsen,
Shipments, Numerator, etc.) and effectively manage brand budgets to
optimize marketing spend and ROI
- Partner w/ Sales & Trade Marketing to create impactful selling
tools & merchandising materials (sell sheets, displays, POS, etc.)
to grow distribution and drive rate of sale
- Create an ongoing cadence of communication to the field and
support ad-hoc requests that support the brand
- Support creation and ongoing management of samples, swag and
gifts -IAT / agency partner support:
- Facilitate communication & collaboration between agency
- Support execution of strategic brand initiatives and
- Drive the development of the brand's social / digital strategy
-Create consumer and trade advocacy driving strategy and tactics:
- Brand Ambassador management
- Cocktail strategy
- Influencers -Keep a finger on the pulse of the consumer,
competition and luxury brands:
- Drive actionable competitive assessments
- Stay abreast of consumer insights, luxury and relevant and
- Consumer Driver / Cultural Awareness-- Has finger on the pulse
of luxury brands and culture. Demonstrates a keen awareness of
consumer trends. Is experienced in marketing ultra-premium /
high-end / luxury brands.
- Commercial Skills-- Commercially focused with an eye for how
in-market execution and success.
- Teamwork-- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Ability to reach an agreement and drive alignment with peers and
leadership (internal and/or external) and creates opportunity to
build trust and rapport with peer and partners.
- Judgment-- Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment and demonstrates reasoning for choices.
Makes timely decisions.
- Analytical- Comfort and familiarity with brand and business
tracking tools (Nielsen/Nabca//IWSR/Shipments/Depletions/etc).
Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches
data and uses intuition and experience to make sound business
- Business Acumen-- Understands business implications of
decisions and displays orientation to profitability. Aligns work
with strategic goals. P&L familiarity.
- Self-Starter-- Demonstrates the ability to own and lead
projects from start to finish and find a path, even when it is not
- Communication -- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Results Driven-Demonstrates the ability to create, define and
deliver targets. Sets actionable goals and objectives and finds
creative ways to deliver.
- Internal: Trade Marketing / PR/ Ecommerce & Media, Field Sales
/ Commercial StrategyFinance, Innovation, Supply & Operations &
Case Cuervo (Mexico)
- External: Agency Partners, Advertising/Creative/Social
Media/PR, Distributor Partners & Partner brands
Knowledge and Experience
- BS/BA degree in marketing or related field required (MBA a
- 4+ years of brand management experience preferably related to
the Spirits Industry or FMCG. Luxury experience a strong plus.
- Experience with managing budgets, working with creative
agencies, developing new packaging, and a solid working knowledge
of Consumption (Nielsen/IRI) and Depletions tools.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic
- Forward thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities and
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills
- Team oriented player that thrives in a collaborative
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Solid working knowledge
with Nielsen or IRI.
Keywords: Proximo Spirits, Jersey City , Brand Manager, Reserva De La Familia, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!