Manager, Business Operations
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role:At Takeda, we are a
forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks
innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By
focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other
targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in
order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.Join
Takeda as a Manager, Business Operations where you will drive
continuous improvement of the team's people, communication, and
resourcing needs and for developing and implementing tools to
enable timely and transparent dissemination of information. You
will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the staffing
process. Working with program leads, talent acquisition, people
managers, and administrative teams, where you will develop tools,
processes, and best practices for new hire allocation, monitoring
the recruitment process, and on-boarding and training of all new
hires. Additionally, you will oversee training and compliance
efforts, including partnering on ethics and compliance matters
within the GI TAU such as sponsorships and HCP contracts.As part of
the Business Operations Team, you will report to the Associate
Director of Operations within the Gastro Enterology Therapeutic
Area Unit (GI TAU) and work with other members of the Business
Operations team, this role will lead and execute initiatives
related to onsites, events, processes, best practices, and GI TAU
culture and goals.How you will contribute:
- Overseeing training and compliance efforts, including
partnering on ethics and compliance matters within the GI TAU such
as sponsorship and HCP contracts.
- Oversee training and compliance efforts, including partnering
on ethics and compliance matters within the GI TAU such as
sponsorship and HCP contracts.
- Route grants, sponsorships, and contracts through GEARs
(compliance routing system) and contracting process as directed.
Monitor and trouble-shoot issues associated with requests.
- Be the subject matter expert for GI TAU for all compliance
matters (GxP, Corporate Trainings, Travel Policies, and Ethic &
- Be the point of contact to assign trainings as needed.
- Run compliance reports and provide metrics to GI TAU
- Provide Project Management Support for Events
- Lead project management of in-person and hybrid events
(including annual GI Summit, and GI TAU-wide onsites), meetings,
and dinners for groups ranging from 7-300 individuals, including
delegation of tasks to team members and working with leadership for
agenda creation and content. Monitor adherence to timelines and
- Work and communicate with internal and external vendors for
event planning purposes and disseminating information accordingly
to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange catering or other event requirements as needed.
- Open and close POs. Review and manage related corresponding
accruals, or corporate card reconciliations.
- Manage GI-TAU Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives
in collaboration with GI TA peers, leadership, and the broader DEI
team and Takeda.
- Manage and contribute to creation of GI TA DEI Newsletter
- Propose new ideas to GI TAU leadership team and lead roll-out
- Prepare and distribute DEI related communications.
- Participate in Takeda community of practice for operational
effectiveness, continuous improvement, and project management.
Foster connections within and outside the functional area, and
share insights, best practices, and lessons learned across the
- Work with GI TAU Operations leadership and GI LT to champion
the adoption of operational effectiveness and best practices across
GI programs and functions.
- Seek new ways of working more efficiently to meet the needs of
GI TAU Business Operations. Contribute to functional strategic
initiates and process improvements.
- Contribute thought partnership and willingness to help shape
vision, mission, and scope of GI TAU Business Operations.
- Lead initiatives related to Business Operations processes, best
practices, and GI TAU culture and goals.
- Be a role model for Takeda -s values.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in business
operations/administration and/or project management; some
experience in biotech/pharma is preferred.
- Experience coordinating multiple stakeholders in a
cross-functional matrix organization.
- Experience and fluency in relevant operations and project
management-associated software and IT systems; SharePoint and
SmartSheets experience preferred.
- Experience-based knowledge of relevant business operations
processes and ability to navigate business operations support
- Experience coordinating business processes among multiple
stakeholders, developing communications developing team culture,
and familiarity with matrix-based organizations.
- Leadership-Able to influence stakeholders at multiple levels
and from diverse backgrounds, and to communicate successfully with
cross-functional teams in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Teamwork - Able to work well in a highly cross-functional team
environment, and work effectively with decentralized teams and
maintain working relationships with limited face to face
- Communication - Able to expresses ideas and concepts clearly
and concisely within the team; documents issues and/or concerns
concisely; timely and effectively communicate issues to supervisor
and team members.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot
critical issues or problems, determine causes and determine and
- Organization - Exercises good time management and
prioritization skills and can successfully manage multiple tasks,
sometimes with competing priorities. Works proactively to manage
multiple tasks of varied complexity and can switch as needed
between tasks to manage workload appropriately and
- Motivated - Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary
responsibilities outside of initial job description.What Takeda can
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.This position is
currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid
and Remote Work policy.Base Salary Range: $87,500.00 to $125,000.00
based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may
also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as
well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match,
Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program
and Paid Volunteer Time Off.#LI-SGMEEO StatementTakeda is proud in
its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic
information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam
era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran
in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and
any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker
TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Jersey City , Manager, Business Operations, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!