Corporate Vice President, Business Unit Accounting and Controls
Company: New York Life Insurance Company
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Corporate Vice
President, Business Unit Accounting and ControlsLocation: Jersey
City, NJ, US Company: New York Life Insurance Co Location
Designation: -Hybrid - When you join New York Life, you're joining
a company that values career development, collaboration,
innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud
about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right
thing. You'll have the opportunity to grow your career while
developing personally and professionally through various resources
and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and
appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our
culture. The Business Unit Accounting & Controls - Institutional
Annuities team of the Corporate Controllers Department acts as a
finance business partner to the Guaranteed Products business unit
("GP"), supporting accounting, financial reporting, and business
unit operational functions. The GP businesses at New York Life
provide fixed income investment products to institutional investors
seeking high quality, low volatility, and stable returns. The role
will play an integral role as a finance partner to the GP business
unit and will assist the GP Controller with the financial close,
business result analyses and many aspects of the GP operations.
This role will also assist with product development and other
operational related activities. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee quarterly and annual financial reporting activities,
including ensuring all results are accurate and Statutory Annual
Statement reporting requirements are met.
- Provide in-depth analysis on key financial drivers.
- Become an expert of GP products and proficient with the policy
- Support the New York Life's Employee Benefit Plan reporting and
Form 5500 filings.
- Perform accounting research and develop recommendations related
to technical accounting issues on institutional annuity
- Assist in GP new product development, working with the business
and technology team to determine correct accounting flows and
overseeing operational implementation.
- Ensure adherence to Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance including
documenting, testing, and reviewing controls and procedures.
- Being the liaison with internal and external auditors, ensuring
audit requirements are met and any audit findings are
- Continuously seek faster and more efficient delivery of data
and analytics, as well as more effective controller & business
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA and public accounting background preferred. -
- At least 5 to 10 years of accounting and financial reporting
experience in the insurance industry.
- Possess an understanding of Statutory accounting rules,
procedures and internal controls and keep up to date with current
- Must be detail oriented and able to research transactions to
understand the product activity, identify issues, and bring to
management for discussion.
- A self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
who demonstrates a high level of self-awareness, professionalism
and integrity in all interactions is required.
- Knowledge of SAP and reporting tools is a plus. SF: LI-LS1LI #
HYBRID NYC Salary range: -$115,000-$175,000 - Discretionary bonus
eligible: -Yes - Click here to learn more about our benefits .
Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including
previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or
skills required. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most
Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local
communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism,
supported by the - Foundation . -We're proud that due to our
mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners.
We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can
continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To
learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers
page of www.NewYorkLife.com . Job Requisition ID: -88094
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Executive, VP, SAP, ERP, CPA, Management, Technology,
Keywords: New York Life Insurance Company, Jersey City , Corporate Vice President, Business Unit Accounting and Controls, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!