Vice President - Equity Valuation Analyst
Company: BNP Paribas S.A.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Description - Vice President - Equity Valuation Analyst
(COR002739) Vice President - Equity Valuation Analyst ( Job Number:
COR002739 ) *Physical presence in BNPP's office(s) is an essential
function of this position. -BNPP requires all of our employees to
be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable
accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion. This
role will be hybrid, consisting of an in office and remote working
component. The expected starting salary range for this position in
New Jersey is between $120,000 to $147,000 annually. The actual
salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not
limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary
of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and
geographic/office location. Candidate Success Factors: Candidates
to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which
will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high
complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful
effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or
programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and
senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders
at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates
courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds
corporate values and displays high ethical standards"
Responsibilities: The Valuation specialist role and
responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Perform Independent Price Verification (IPV) processes for
Global Equity products with focus on EQD Delta one, Stock Flow,
Convertible bonds and illiquid methodologies.
- Lead projects, implementing new processes, re-engineering and
industrializing current processes. New IPV implementations for
- Ensuring handover and methodology documentation on the
parameter review processes are up to date and signed off by
- Propose innovative enhancements to valuation methodologies.
Implementation through consultation with and validation from local
and global Risk (Risk-GM) and Financial Control groups.
- Effectively manage relationships with Front Office, Trading,
Research and Risk-GM.
- Actively explore and identify potential synergies and
opportunities for improvements across business Lines (Fixed Income,
GECD, and Asset/Liability Mgmt Treasury).
- Contribute to the maintenance of the matrix (market data
cartography) that records the details for all parameters used in
the Official PnL, ensuring that all parameters are controlled and
accounted for and changes are properly authorized.
- Identify major PnL events and the research the relationship
with pricing and IPV. Candidate will:
- Maintaining clear and thorough records of all controls and be
prepared to present and explain to audit
- Ensure processes are easily transferrable to other members of
the team and procedures are complete
- Identify areas for personal development including finding
courses / studies to advance technical and soft skills required for
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with Front Office,
Risk-GM, Middle Office, Finance, IT and any other areas across the
organization which will assist in furthering processes and projects
based on trust, respect and professionalism.
- Contribute to initiatives within the Equity Valuation function,
both within the region and in other locations.
- Ensure complete familiarity with and adherence to Global
Policies and Procedures and raise issues to management when
practices are inconsistent or unable to be followed. Actively
suggest improvements to processes based on a continual critical
assessment and awareness of gaps in current controls Minimum
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or
Mathematics with high academics.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience dealing with valuation
- In-depth knowledge of Equity instruments and their valuation
and trading strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of options basics (Pricing/Models,
Greeks, P&L effects, etc)
- Excellent IT skills (mainly VBA, Excel, Python). Quick to
assimilate new technology/systems and adapt into processes.
- Strong written and oral communication, listening skills,
including ability to concisely summarize findings and progress to
management, especially in short timing under pressure.
- Ability to think critically, identify gaps in current controls
and suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Ability to think in a control mindset, ensure all work is
recorded, documented and readily available for audit.
- Ability to work in a global organization and build effective
relationship with other counterparts/regions.
- Must be organized, accurate and attentive to detail.
- Must work well both within a team and independently. Preferred
- Masters in Financial engineering or related graduate
- CFA, FRM or equivalent certification FINRA Registrations
- Not Applicable CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA
Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated
- Not Applicable About BNP Paribas: In the United States, BNP
Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its
client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to
the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking
activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value
chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and
custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to
deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our
European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every
region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency
wherever our clients conduct business. BNP Paribas' Corporate &
Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional
investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash
management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate
Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities
custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset
management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers
high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and
institutional investors. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and
has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities
including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco,
Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas is a
leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US,
EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in65 countries, with nearly
190,000 employees.The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking,
investment and financial services solutions through three main
fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank's retail-banking
networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas
Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for
savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate &
Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional
clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP
Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations,
entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to
realize their projects through solutions spanning financing,
investment, savings and protection insurance. We take pride in our
expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead
to create a more sustainable world. BNP Paribas is committed to
providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and
equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender,
age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or
mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation,
gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally
protected status. Primary Location : US-NJ-Jersey City Job Type :
Standard / Permanent Job : MISCELLANEOUS Education Level : Bachelor
Degree or equivalent (> = 3 years)
Keywords: BNP Paribas S.A., Jersey City , Vice President - Equity Valuation Analyst, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!