Director of Sales
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
MUST live in one of the following states:
Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
The Director of Sales is responsible for building, developing, and
leading a high-performance team of Account Executives responsible
for sales and business development in their assigned region. We are
looking for an entrepreneurial sales leader - someone who thrives
in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment where you will be
developing and executing sales strategies, mentoring your team
through thought leadership, and strategically partnering with
groups across the organization.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, retain develop a team of Account
Executives to create a new logo pipeline and close new
- Demonstrate strong leadership competencies in coaching and
supporting the sales team to close new business and generate new
pipelines, while maintaining the company's strong customer
- Coordinate complex sales cycles and employ effective team
selling strategies to gain budget, priority, and momentum across a
range of sponsors and stakeholders, including executives and
- Develop an aggressive sales pipeline to meet forecasted revenue
- Prepare weekly/monthly sales reports showing sales pipeline,
potential sales, activities, and areas of proposed client base
- Develop long-term, strategic relationships with key contacts
within strategic accounts (typically larger accounts and targets;
as well as with industry influencers and key strategic partners -
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Selling professional services for public cloud adoption (AWS,
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience building and leading front-line sales
teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company;
second-line management experience a plus.
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas
personally and as a sales leader.
- Hired, developed, and retained successful sales talent.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong
verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at
delivering executive-level presentations.
- Able to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them
to others verbally and in writing
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills, who is
action-oriented with a high sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and highly
- 25%-50% quarterly travel within the region.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling,
and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDICC
methodology is a plus.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Generous time off program - no cap
- Great Health Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with match
- Annual compensation re-evaluation
- Collaborative, high-energy culture
- Flexible work arrangements - remote-first organization
- Learning opportunities
Keywords: ClearScale, Jersey City , Director of Sales, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!