VP, Advisor Recruiting Royal Alliance
Company: Advisor Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we support more than 5,000 financial advisors, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. Were a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Business Development Opportunity in Financial Services
Vice President, Recruiting - Royal Alliance Associates
10 Exchange Place, Suite 1410 Jersey City, NJ 07302
20 E Thomas Rd Suite 2000 Phoenix, AZ 85012
2300 Windy Ridge Parkway #750 Atlanta, GA 30339
7755 Third St. North Oakdale, MN 55128
This position is also open to remote candidates
The Vice President of Recruiting position will focus on recruiting independent financial advisors to Royal Alliance Associates, (RAA) a member of Advisor Group. This role will be focused on the identification and successful recruitment of top-tier advisors that seek to operate an independent business with a true business partner. The VP will specially target OSJ Branch Offices generating $1M in Gross Dealer Concession and above and individual advisors generating $250k in Gross Dealer Concession and above. Working with the Royal Alliance, SVP of Recruiting and team, this position will be the driving force of communicating Royal Alliances value proposition to the Advisor Community. In addition to seeking the right recruit, this position will partner closely with Royal Alliances larger OSJs to assist the OSJ in adding advisors to their practices.
This position will spend most of the time in recruitment activities focused on recruitment of financial advisors to Royal Alliance and in onboarding support work. We are looking for dynamic individuals who want to learn and grow with us that are passionate about customer focus and the financial services industry.
- Day to day tasks associated with recruitment of financial advisors (client relationship management)
- Establish front-facing relationship with high profile recruits who have shown an interest in the firm proactive outreach and open dialogue
- Prospects and qualifies potential OSJ / Branch Manager quality recruits
- Improves processes and develops creative solutions for prospecting, developing, and closing OSJs / Registered Representatives
- Responsibilities for business development activities related to recruitment of new advisors to the firm
- Evaluates potential OSJs business practices for profitability, risk and sustainability
- Consults with existing OSJs / Branch Managers to identify and implement branch recruiting strategies to drive growth of affiliated offices
- Initiates review of recruits FINRA and credit history and conducts proper due diligence on recruit or firm
- Reviews recruit contracts and B/D privacy policies for restrictions; determine if representative is subject to non-compete or non-solicitation agreements. Review all outside business activities to ensure they are acceptable and within RAA policies.
- Works with SVP, VPs and Finance to help forecast transition loan calculations, payout options, exceptions
- Participates and plans (content, contacts and logistics) Home Office Visits (HOVs) for high profile recruits or large producer groups
- Manages the travel and budget surrounding all HOVs
- Coordinates responses on all Requests for Proposals (RFPs) including detailed answers from questionnaires that prospects have requested
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 5-10 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Track record of successful recruiting into the independent advisor industry
- Ability to influence high-level decision makers
- Thorough knowledge of broker/dealer products and operations
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry and field distribution systems
- Financial, operational, marketing, financial services compliance acumen
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and CRMs; ability to learn and demonstrate proprietary systems
- Strong focus on customer service
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and ability to work in a multi-task environment
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to prioritize goals and needs of representative and coordination of home office teams (Transition Team, Compliance, Product Marketing, and Technology)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Decision-making, particularly in a high-growth and risk-charged environment
- FINRA Series 7 & 24
- Life/Health insurance license
- Project management skills
Keywords: Advisor Group, Jersey City , VP, Advisor Recruiting Royal Alliance, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!