Application Security Associate Director/ Application Security Manager
Company: U.S. Tech Solutions Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 13, 2019
US Tech Solutions is seeking a "Application Security Associate Director/ Application Security Manager" for a 12+ Months Contract to Hire position with a client in Jersey City, NJ. Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively work with Application Development / Security Mavens and guide them to follow the Security gates set in the Client SDL.
- Evaluate internal Technology Risk Processes as it relates to App Pentest, FOSS, Fortify SCA and provide process governance as well as though leadership concerning adjusting to future needs
- Liaison with customer relation and team responsible to address the external requests related to AppSec
- Coordinate security training for Client development staff with SATEC and LTM
- Coordinate Security Mavens training and manage monthly meetings
- Manage and update Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for the Application Security Assurance Program
- Coordinate with team members and TRM policy management to ensure control standards and policies are up to date
- Manage the application security threat modeling process and coordinate application threat models against Client applications
- Liaison with various internal teams (Application Development, IT Architecture, Corp. Procurement Services, Source Code Management, IT Asset Management) for Application security initiatives and automation efforts
- Manage new projects and initiatives related to application security as needs arise
- Evangelize application security within the firm and work with Application Development Security Mavens to incorporate new program direction into applications
- Coordinate with ASAP team members to track internal audit and regulatory assessments and address requests related to the Application Pentest, SAST and FOSS
- Conduct presentations on application security topics for TRM and AD management
- Provides regular status updates on all assigned tasks and deliverables.
- Maintains issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Feedback: Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism.
- Delegating: Effectively manages tasks and people, taking a practical approach to determine the most effective method of execution while respecting others' expertise and considering others' feelings and working styles.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Coaching: Understands and anticipates people's needs, skills, and abilities, to coach, motivate and empower them for success.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities. Requirements:
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with master's or equivalent experience
- Must have a strong interpersonal skill to work with different teams within and outside of the organization
- Good understanding the Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile
- Exposure to the Application Security Vulnerabilities (as listed in OWASP Top 10), Security Testing methodologies and related tools such as Fortify, WebInspect, BurpSuite.
- Good Knowledge and familiarity with Operating system administration - Windows & Linux
- Project Management Certification such as PMI a plus. Technical certifications such as CISSP, CISM a positive. If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!Benefits of Working with US Tech Solutions:As a US Tech Solutions consultant, we are proud to offer access to the following benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Bi-weekly payroll
- 401k plan
- Account and Delivery Manager for client support
Keywords: U.S. Tech Solutions Inc., Jersey City , Application Security Associate Director/ Application Security Manager, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!