Manager, Category Management Marketing & Advertising
Company: Td Ameritrade
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 15, 2019
The Manager, Category Management Marketing & Advertising is a
management position responsible for strategic development and
execution of a sourcing plan for the categories of Marketing,
Advertising and Print. This candidate will work closely with the
Directors and Senior Managers to ensure the category strategy is in
line with the broader Supply Management vision and executional on
the department's financial & business goals. They will provide key
input and insight into the analysis and execution of strategic
opportunities and challenges with supply management in
collaboration with Managing Directors and Directors across the
Supply Management organization. He/she will manage 2 direct reports
(e.g. senior analysts). The candidate will collaborate with
counterparts across all categories, Legal, Technology and Risk
business units to ensure strategic alignment and risk mitigation
with an holistic view of sourcing and supplier activity.
- Conduct large scale direction negotiations or RFX to source
services as needed for spend up to $10M. Support team with
enterprise- wide strategic projects.
- Lead & perform required legal & risk due diligence for large
- Consider internal dependencies, processes & vendor requirements
and educate business to ensure successful engagement.
- Manage large- scale supplier service implementations within
given categories by creating & executing on a project plan.
- Manage category portfolio up to $300M
- Serve as an expert for respective categories by utilizing
internal analysis and industry research to make recommendations for
program improvement, innovation or service needs to fulfill
- Support formulation of strategic sourcing options,
model/analyze each option and provide recommendations that will
secure differential value from the supply market.
- Leverage knowledge sources (industry, business goals, analysis)
to develop an annual category plan and work with team to execute on
- Serve as the main strategist for assigned categories and work
with supporting teammates to fully understand scope of suppliers,
services and sub categories.
- Set plan and cadence for vendor management activities within
designated categories and manage overall category plan dependencies
(such as service needs, expirations, budgets, etc.).
- Lead, train, develop and evaluate direct and indirect reports
as required to create a high performing category team.
- Assign and monitor workload for direct reports as
- Manage multiple, simultaneous strategic sourcing initiatives on
an on-going basis.
- Enable cost savings in-line with category targets
- Keep up to date with industry trends to initiate new project
- Build relationships & serve as a trusted advisor at MD and
director level for respective categories in order to understand
business needs and goals.
- Work with finance partners to have a concrete understanding of
category budget and participate in annual budgeting process.
- Attend periodic strategy sessions to understand large scale
business goals and needs.
- Leverage category strategy & other knowledge to influence
stakeholders on cost and category optimization opportunities.
- Experience in delivering on cost reducing and cost optimization
- Work with Source- to- Pay team members to ensure all areas
within the category are covered, coded and paid properly. Identify
and execute on opportunities to improve process.
- Create executive presentations and briefings for senior
management in order to educate and influence on category
initiatives and achievements.
- Educate category team on executed strategy & plan and outline
action plans for each member of the team.
- Support Supply Management Leadership on department, risk and
organization improvement projects and work streams.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of equivalent work
- 7-8 years related experience
- 8-12 years total experience
- Knowledge of the advertising industry, major players , new
trends, compensation structure, etc.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic, positive,
resourceful, and proactive
- Excellent thought leadership skills with an ability to question
- Strategic planning and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive
issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to see the big picture / growth mindset oriented
- Exercise excellent judgment to make smart decisions and
independently problem solve, while escalating to a leader when
- Excellent demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to details &
- Ability to work under pressure on a variety of projects
- The ability to independently manage the details of multiple
projects, to track activities, and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and self-starting
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and to
- Ability to take initiative, make independent
- Well-developed research skills, excellent analytical and
critical thinking skills and ability to identify and resolve
- Ability to communicate clearly to avoid confusion and
misunderstanding with others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of
civilian requirements listed
Keywords: Td Ameritrade, Jersey City , Manager, Category Management Marketing & Advertising, Executive , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!