Registered Nurse, Home Care, Per Diem, RN (Manhattan)
Company: Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Provides high quality nursing care to meet the needs of the patient
and manages/coordinates the delivery of cost effective
multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of patients
consistent with VNSNY philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and
Standards of Nursing Practice. Works under moderate
- Assesses the physical, social and psychological needs and
environmental conditions of the patient through professional
knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical
examination to develop a plan of care.
- Understands, interprets, and implements reimbursement
protocols; determines the billing source for patient care. Consults
with management on complex/unique reimbursement cases.
- Acts as the coordinator of care for the multidisciplinary team
by providing and managing the care needs of patients which includes
/making/confirming referrals to other disciplines/community
agencies and ordering supplies/services and ensuring they are
delivered as needed. Communicates and consults with patient's MD
and follows-up on problematic situations affecting care such as
abnormal clinical findings, medication discrepancies, or other
factors that impact patient's ability to comply with the plan of
care. Manages and coordinates all aspects of assigned
- Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input
from appropriate multidisciplinary health team members (i.e.,
physician, OT, PT, SW, SLP, family members, caregivers, HHAs, etc.)
based on goals mutually acceptable to the patient and significant
others. Ensures that services follow the plan of care by ongoing
assessment, planning, coordination, counseling, teaching and
supervision of the delivery of care to meet the needs of the
- Oversees/supervises the care provided to the patient by
Licensed Practical Nurses and Paraprofessionals through regular
home visits in compliance with regulatory and VNSNY requirements.
Assesses the patient's condition, monitors the effect of the care
plans on the patient/family health status, informs physician and
other team members of changes in the client's needs and updates the
plan of treatment, as needed.
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNSNY
policies, practices, and procedures. Initiates and maintains
written (including clinical and progress notes) and verbal
communications with team members and management to assure optimal
- Assists patiets with activities of daily living, which may
require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of
varying weights and physical conditions, with and without
assistance and as appropriate, from family members and/or
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the patient's safe
discharge from service. Ensures that physician's orders, discharge
summary and communication to team members, patient and family
members adhere to VNSNY and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the orientation of selected staff through
'buddy system' field observation of staff and feedback to
appropriate staff involved in orientation process.
- Participates in selected student programs by providing
guidance, training and mentoring to students.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNSNY policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and supplies
using VNSNY designated/supplied carrying case weighing
approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient homes/care
- Travels to patients' homes and/or other facilities with varying
environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities,
single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using
approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNSNY goals.
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education and
select journal readership.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
project, as assigned.
Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a
registered professional nurse in New York State required. Valid
driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be required
as determined by operational/regional needs.Education: Degree in
Nursing from an approved program required.Experience for CHHA:
Minimum of one year of experience in a medical/surgical environment
preferred. Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by
Keywords: Visiting Nurse Service of New York, Jersey City , Registered Nurse, Home Care, Per Diem, RN (Manhattan), Healthcare , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!