RN (FT) - New Margaret Hague Women's Health - Jersey City, NJ
Company: RWJ Barnabas
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Registered Nurse assists the physician, practice manager, and
nurse practitioner in various aspects of medical treatment and
testing in accordance with their practice act. RN maintains exam
rooms and equipment and keeps an orderly flow of patients to be
seen by the physicians. Functions include being part of the patient
care team in efforts to achieve goals established for both the
individual patient and the clinical service. Is responsible for
reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments
(i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and
* Administers immunizations, and injections as directed by
* Assists physician in examination and treatment of patients and in
all special procedures including minor surgery as required.
* Assists the physician with patients including preparing patients
and the examination rooms, taking initial medical history for the
chart, taking vital signs, making lab and x-ray appointments, and
explaining the preparations to the patients and documenting
* Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician
during treatment, examination, and testing of patients in
accordance with nursing standards.
* Handles all prescription refills and call-ins to pharmacies and
* Maintains and keeps examination rooms and treatment areas clean,
including, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares
sterilization as required. Keeps examination rooms properly stocked
* Maintains lab log book and record of OSHA related logs.
* Maintains medical inventories according to established par
levels; orders supplies, checks deliveries for accuracy; reconciles
discrepancies; reviews bills for accuracy; submits bills to
Practice Manager or Assistant Office Manager.
* Other duties may consist of notifying patients of lab results,
administering injectable medications prescribed by the physician;
in house lab work and specimen preparations for microscope.
* Performs laboratory and diagnostic procedures, i.e.
venipunctures, urinalysis, glucose and hemoglobin assessments and
preparation of lab specimens and forwards to appropriate lab for
* Provides general nursing care to patients. Handles medical
problems, treatments and diagnoses, and follows medical directions
given by the physician.
* Provides scheduling or general problem issues to Practice Manager
and operational issues to the Director of Operations.
* Receives and handles phone calls as directed by physician.
* Removes lab reports from printer and attaches to chart for MD to
* Removes sutures, cleans wounds and applies dressings as directed
* Responsible for interpretation and implementation of physician
* Responsible for medical education needs of patients.
* Responsible for proper handling and storage of all medications
stored in the office. Periodically checks expiration dates on
inhouse medications and immunizations.
* Reviews scheduled patient s charts for all documents, obtain
documents if absent
* BA/BS/BSN degree preferred.
* Must have New Jersey RN License; and BLS credentials.
* Minimum 1 year of RN experience.
* Additional experience may be required based upon specific
* Bilingual a plus.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Hours may vary based on the needs of the practice*
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery
system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million
people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass
Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms
River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical
Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in
Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New
Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH-
Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute
care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation
hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed
behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency
department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s
largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and
hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy
services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an
accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice
comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and
specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group
physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care
for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities
conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast
continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest
not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey
and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and
expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: RWJ Barnabas, Jersey City , RN (FT) - New Margaret Hague Women's Health - Jersey City, NJ, Healthcare , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!