Company: Summit Health Inc
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMD
Summit Health and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric
network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care
and bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was
created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the
nation's premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and
CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York
metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a
more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for
every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition,
through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.
We are continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and
deliver exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit
Health now has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80
specialty areas, 13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New
York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon.
CityMD has over 150 locations across the tri-state. We share a
vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by
offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an
exceptional patient experience. Together, we provide the best
possible care to every patient in every neighborhood.
Join our team!
Summit Health and CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the
right talent who will contribute to our ongoing expansion and
success. We work to set clear goals and expectations, while
regularly managing performance and cultivating personal and team
capabilities within a positive, collaborative environment that
recognizes and rewards success. We strive to make each team
member's experience at our company inspiring. Explore our open
positions and apply to become a part of the Summit Health and
Position Summary: The Scribe is responsible for assisting
physician, PA or NP with clerical duties, patient flow, patient
care, procedures, initial clinical intake, ensuring documentation
capture and providing scribing services.
Essential Job functions:
- Works side by side with the Provider as a documentarian to
ensure all information verbalized was correctly understood/scribed
into the EMR
- Gathering of clinical information and collecting data from
various sources such as prior records, radiology, labs etc.
- Alerts Provider of prompts such HCC, MU, Quality metrics
- Queues up orders as dictated by the Provider and ensures bot
Provider final and timely sign off Ensures both Scribe and Provider
attestation required statements are added to scribed
- Documentation is captured timely and completed by end of the
encounter in most cases
- Understanding and proper use of Provider EMR
procedure/assessment templates in scribed notes
- Assists Provider with completion of billing summary
- Maintains current understanding of documentation requirements
(CMS/SMG Scribe requirements, Specialty/ Provider EHR templates)
General Job functions:
- Other job duties as required Physical Job Requirements:
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
walking). Environmental Risks:
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Combative Patients / Visitors Education, Certification,
Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate/ GED equivalent work required
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely
manner Proficiency in computer use Proficiency use of EMR Basic
understanding of ICD-10,CPT, HCPCS coding skills
- Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology/ Medical Science
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed. Total
Rewards at Summit Health CityMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare
through the power of connection. Summit Health highly values the
critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our
team members and their families. We strive to provide a valuable
suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time off, and
resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of team
members and their families at various stages of life and in their
professional career. Collectively, we call these "Total
Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are not
- We've Got You Covered - Health coverage is vital, and it begins
as soon as the 1st of the month after you start
- Build a Healthy Foundation - Various medical plan options, HDHP
with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at
CityMD Urgent Cares.
- Enhance Your Health Coverage - Dental and vision insurance,
plus healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
- Safeguard Your Household - Company paid EAP and life insurance,
plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan
- Protect Against the Unexpected - Voluntary benefits including
hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability
- Retirement Investing - 401(k) plan with company match every pay
period to help you build towards your retirement.
- Work/Life Balance - Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and
more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their
- Paid Maternity Leave - Paid time off for the birth of a child
to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest
addition to your family.
- Reach Professional Goals - Tuition reimbursement, annual
compensation and bonus program, and internal growth
- Financial Wellness - Educational webinars, resources, and tools
to help foster financial literacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants.
Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit,
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at
Keywords: Summit Health Inc, Jersey City , Scribe-Urology, Healthcare , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!