Physician Assistant (FT) - JCMC Orthopedics - Jersey City NJ
Company: Barnabas Health Medical Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals - Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state's largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization. Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence. Job Summary: The Physician Assistant is an independent health care provider who coordinates inpatient/outpatient care through collaboration with the Physician. The PA provides care in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the practice and the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/Physician Assistant Advisory Committee. Global management of patients, including all aspects of pre-, intra- and post-operative care. Orthopedic PAs perform patient histories, help with treatment plans, serve as first assistant in surgery, manage post-operative care and handle a myriad of office-related duties. Performs comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations. Interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests. Formulates a treatment plan for orthopedic conditions within their scope of practice. Implements therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate. Exercises judgment on conditions requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by the supervising orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals. Orders, collects and performs appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies, such as routine laboratory tests, EMG, electrocardiogram and radiologic examinations including arthrogram, ultrasound, CT, MRI and bone scan studies. Essential Functions:
- Performs compartment pressure measurements, digital blocks and regional anesthesia
- Performs minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, needle biopsy percutaneous pinning of fractures k-wire and hardware removal
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injections of joints, bursars and cysts.
- Performs closed reductions of fractures and dislocations
- Applies braces, casts, splints and other orthopedic appliances
- Assists in the surgical suite including first assist, deep and superficial wound closure, application of internal devices and any other procedures delegated by the supervising orthopedic surgeon
- Writes orders, takes call and sees patients for the orthopedic surgeon
- Evaluates and clarifies clinical conditions
- Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans
- Regularly communicates with nursing leadership and staff concerning patient care issues
- Thoroughly explains procedures to patients prior to testing.
- Provides appropriate patient teaching as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Physician. Job Requirements:
- Physician Assistant Certification,
- Registration & Licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/ Physician Assistant Advisory
- Basic Life Support (BLS);
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Although not required, fluency in Spanish, and other languages is a plus. We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Barnabas Health Medical Group, Jersey City , Physician Assistant (FT) - JCMC Orthopedics - Jersey City NJ, Healthcare , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!