Company: ICONA AVALON FB
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The Restaurant Server is responsible for selling and serving
drinks and food to our guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve a number of tables as determined by management.
- Have complete knowledge of ICONA's menus and food
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Ability to use Aloha POS system to ring orders on a check.
- Ability to accept different types of payment and make
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness
and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed
number of specific drinks.
- Ability to clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal
age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a
polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest's behavior,
count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should
not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair
and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete
satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests' expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A restaurant and bar environment. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards
including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls
and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. This position is very active and
requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and
crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products
weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours
to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve
- Prior restaurant experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control
- ServSafe certified.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: ICONA AVALON FB, Jersey City , Restaurant Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!