Company: Merlin Entertainments
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
1 American Dream Way, Suite A (Upper Level), East Rutherford
New Jersey, New Jersey, 07073
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center
and SEA Life Aquarium New Jersey as our Retail Supervisor!
About The Role
The Retail Supervisor is responsible for leading the retail teams
as a part of the day to day operations of the department. In this
role, you will manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic
and memorable experience makers. Through diligent work and optimal
fun, you will strive to achieve the financial targets and lead and
develop your team. Compensation for this opportunity is $22.50 per
- Support the Retail Manager in the efficient, effective, and
safe day-to-day running of assigned commercial areas of the
attraction, with a strong focus on maximizing Per Cap spends and
Average Transaction Values.
- Lead the Retail Team to consistently deliver world-class
experiences to our guests, as evidenced by continuously meeting or
exceeding KPI and Mystery Visit targets.
- Support the delivery initial and ongoing training of Retail
Team as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of
assigned commercial areas.
- Support the Retail Manager with Merchandising and Inventory
Control programs for the attraction. Brand Specific
- The LDC Retail Supervisor is our "trainee expert" in LEGO toys
of all varieties and demonstrates a genuine passion for the fun &
educational aspects of building with LEGO.
- Always up to date with all new product ranges and launches, the
Retail Supervisor supports the Retail Manager with their expansive
knowledge of LEGO play materials,
- Deputizes for the Retail Manager in working with the Commercial
Director to ensure LEGO orders are placed on time and to budget to
ensure we always have the highest demand items in stock
- Supports the staff training on LEGO products, so all staff is
knowledgeable and able to upsell at every opportunity. Benefits of
- Excellent health care options (medical, dental, and vision that
encourage preventative care).
- Outstanding Paid Time Off (PTO) that allows for adventure,
rest, relaxation, or recuperation.
- Merlin Magic Pass for friends and family to enjoy the parks &
- Recognition Programs and Rewards
- 401(k) program with company match
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Numerous learning and advancement opportunities **Compensation
rates dependent upon skillsets and experience related to the
Everyone Matters at Merlin
At Merlin Entertainments, we welcome the world to our magical
attractions and resorts every day, and we want to reflect that same
multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an
inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves,
have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin,
everyone matters! Together, we work to build a workplace where
everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender,
disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll
always be learning and growing, we strive to be the most inclusive
and flexible employer in our industry.
Customer service experience is preferred, and experience working
with children and families is desirable. This position requires a
fun, outgoing approach in interacting with others with a desire to
provide service on the highest possible level and the ability to
work individually and as part of a team. Excellent communication
skills are required. Must be able to work in a fast paced,
multi-task environment. High School Diploma or GED required;
college degree preferred.
We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform
their best at interview, so if you have any additional requirements
due to ill health or a disability , please contact our friendly
team to have a discussion. You can get in contact at
Keywords: Merlin Entertainments, Jersey City , Retail Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!